Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I installed the electrical connection bluetooth adaptor for the aux wire, and as they suggested, there is some 'interference' in the line due to engine static. I had none when I plugged directly into the aux cable....but this is way more convenient for me....need their 'ground loop' isolator now. Always something.
Next I got a hitch and ball for the trailer we just bought.
Also sorting out the wiring.....previous owner put square wiring plug on bike for his trailer, now I will be adapting to the wiring system on our trailer...shouldn't be too bad, although I think I'm gonna have to add some dedicated turn signal lights for the wiring to work with the bike.
Also was waxing the windshield (really helps cut the glare from headlights in all the scratches and swirls) and noticed the windshield is not factory. Says 'Show Chrome' on it, so I guess it is aftermarket? Seems to work ok, although I am thinking of cutting it down so I can look over it, instead of through it. We will see.....
Yep....we located an antique Coleman Caboose trailer in not too bad condition. Have new high speed tires ordered and will be repacking or replacing the wheel bearings and some light rewiring. Also sanding, rustproofing and painting the frame....should work perfect for our use. Might also lengthen the tongue and add brackets for a cooler up front....should be a fun project....will post pics as it is completed.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
Good for you,
I have always felt like the trailer should be modified to fit our Goldwing's wiring, not the other way around.

I too, installed separate Turn signals and Brake lights so that they are all independent of each other, just like on the bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for you,
I have always felt like the trailer should be modified to fit our Goldwing's wiring, not the other way around.

I too, installed separate Turn signals and Brake lights so that they are all independent of each other, just like on the bike.

Glad to know that it will work that way, thanks for sharing!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
Glad to know that it will work that way, thanks for sharing!
I have a video of how my trailer setup worked.

The standard boat trailer lights are used as Parking/running lights,
the heavy filament is wired to the Turn Signals only....
in this video, they are flashing because I had the Emergency Button pushed.

The Strobe in the center is wired to the Blue brake wire, it flashes 10 times and goes solid.... that one feature, I do believe, does a superb job of getting the attention of traffic behind you.

The vertical LED lights are standard SEMI truck/trailer lights with the standard black metal frame to hold them.... made it super easy for me, as the trailer is wood, the 'L' brackets screw to the side of the wood box.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for sharing your set up, looks nice. So the lower round lights that were flashing are the turn signals also? The center flashing unit really gets your attention when the brakes are on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts