Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......finally found a trailer in my budget. Have to rewire the lights, install new tires / bearings, and she will be ready to go! (rear sitckers are already removed)
Coleman Caboose. Plan to buff it out and the original orange color should pop out!
Also adding separate turn signal lights in the rear.....and probably a flag pole for more visibility!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
Great find, and yes, you will definitely need to install separate Turn signals so no funky adapters needed on the bike.

I used semi truck LEDs for my brake lights, and used the standard boat trailer lights for signals and running lights.

if there is room on the back of it, install a Strobe for the Brakes to get folks attention.

. I found a bright Strobe for mine 5 years ago, 10 flashes then goes solid.

. video of my setup

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great find, and yes, you will definitely need to install separate Turn signals so no funky adapters needed on the bike.

I used semi truck LEDs for my brake lights, and used the standard boat trailer lights for signals and running lights.

if there is room on the back of it, install a Strobe for the Brakes to get folks attention.

. I found a bright Strobe for mine 5 years ago, 10 flashes then goes solid.

. video of my setup

Yep, the strobes do get people's attention....and that's a good thing. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Strobe if you wish.

I pulled a trailer 56,407 miles all over this country with no issues (no strobe).

Those who aren't paying attention probably would not see a "Freight Train" in front of them.....!!!!

Just my experience, might not work for others....!

PS: Don't let your Guard Down just because there is a Strobe on the trailer....!!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
Dave,
never let my guard down, even for a pretty bra size :)

Watch my mirrors all the time, Strobes are cheap now, they give an extra bit of advantage, so why not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts