Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I realy hate this happened.Glad to hear you and you're wife are alright.Something like this makes me so damn mad. People with there pets AND CELLPHONES.But my favorite I DIDN't SEE IT.OK i've ranted enough truly glad you both are alright I do agree with the others on here you might should get checked out so no problems down the road.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
imported post

Broke. I'm not telling CC to pad anything, I'm just giving him the facts. If you don't think chiro and massage help, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I've seen otherwise.
The insurance is different over here. Our insurance is not optional. There's one company, owned by the government. Rates are set by them however they want. There are some private guys who compete, but they won't even deal with a bike older than 5 years.
Every year I pay 80% of what I originally paid for my bike. And I have the highest accident / claim free discount you can get. Then people say, "well, that's in case you get hurt!"
Over here we all have to pay into medical too, so that should theoretically be covered, no? That's what us average joes would call "double dipping".
The gov owned insurance company is notorious for screwin people. In the case with my ex girlfriend they lied numerous times. But only verbally, over the phone etc. They committed fraud. They attempted to defraud my ex from what she had coming. (She was in a head on at 50 mph.) So I had to go and study the law. First meeting that I went with her to meet her greasy obese adjuster I parked a digital recorder on the table and pointed the red light at him so he knew it was on. He started backpedalling like crazy, got flustered, then pi**ed off, then left the room saying "He didn't have to take this!" WT*? My GF and I looked at each other, dumbfounded.
He was the one lieing his face off to her over the phone.
Second meeting I had was with his boss. She got the check within 24 hours. Less than she was legally entitled to, but she was satisfied because the lawyers were telling her she wasn't getting anything. Obviously they were wrong. Her case just wasn't big enough for those cats.
IckyBicky, they're notorious, but that's not good enough for me. I like to have firsthand experience before I'll call someone a crook. They're crooks!:cooldevil:
http://icbcsucks.com/

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

nomados wrote:
Broke. I'm not telling CC to pad anything, I'm just giving him the facts. If you don't think chiro and massage help, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I've seen otherwise.
The insurance is different over here. Our insurance is not optional. There's one company, owned by the government. Rates are set by them however they want. There are some private guys who compete, but they won't even deal with a bike older than 5 years.
Every year I pay 80% of what I originally paid for my bike. And I have the highest accident / claim free discount you can get. Then people say, "well, that's in case you get hurt!"
Over here we all have to pay into medical too, so that should theoretically be covered, no? That's what us average joes would call "double dipping".
The gov owned insurance company is notorious for screwin people. In the case with my ex girlfriend they lied numerous times. But only verbally, over the phone etc. They committed fraud. They attempted to defraud my ex from what she had coming. (She was in a head on at 50 mph.) So I had to go and study the law. First meeting that I went with her to meet her greasy obese adjuster I parked a digital recorder on the table and pointed the red light at him so he knew it was on. He started backpedalling like crazy, got flustered, then pi**ed off, then left the room saying "He didn't have to take this!" WT*? My GF and I looked at each other, dumbfounded.
He was the one lieing his face off to her over the phone.
Second meeting I had was with his boss. She got the check within 24 hours. Less than she was legally entitled to, but she was satisfied because the lawyers were telling her she wasn't getting anything. Obviously they were wrong. Her case just wasn't big enough for those cats.
IckyBicky, they're notorious, but that's not good enough for me. I like to have firsthand experience before I'll call someone a crook. They're crooks!:cooldevil:
http://icbcsucks.com/
:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

And they just got caught in a huge fraud case which ain't over yet The CEO had to resign!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

:shock:We had the bejezzes scared out of us a while back. We were cruisin an old unfamiliar back road, and the Kudzu (a weed), was every where. all of a sudden, I realized we were going to run a stopsign buried in the foilage.:jumper: Happened so quick, all I could do was look left to right to see which side our death was gonna be coming from!! Thank God Almighty we were alone at that intersection, at that second. I had to pull over and calm down the rush was so bad. I was paying attention, but you couldn't see the road intersecting ahead due to the greenery. Man we were lucky. Felt stupid none the less. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

CC,

Glad to hear you and your rider survived. Every day I see bluehairs not paying attention, and cell phone callers running lights or stop signs. I hope your next bike brings you many happy miles if they cannot fix your current one.

Michael

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

The only way that video could be any funnier Bob, is if it was a cat!! Where did I put that picture of the kitten in the blender???Hmmmmmm. It may have been a good idea to have the wife taken to the hospital just to be safe and insure a police report was filed out. The law for choking a small yappy dog in Canada? You win a large double double and 10 timbits as a reward. At least in my Canada you do. :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

May through September is tourist season here in Wisconsin. My question is this-- "IF IT IS TOURIST SEASON, WHY CAN'T WE SHOOT THEM. During deer season we shoot deer don't we???"

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

Just an update

$3400 Cdn to repair the bike I received the quote today. thats just the bike not the "extra's"

Honda Canada prices are just about double the US list!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

Man, glad you both are ok. I had to drive the truck on Monday and got rear ended by a young girl. No doubt she was talking on her cell phone.
My truck was ok due to the fact that she hit the trailer hitch. Her car was damaged pretty good.
Glad I wasn't on the bike!

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

jimsjinx wrote:
:shock:We had the bejezzes scared out of us a while back. We were cruisin an old unfamiliar back road, and the Kudzu (a weed), was every where. all of a sudden, I realized we were going to run a stopsign buried in the foilage.:jumper: Happened so quick, all I could do was look left to right to see which side our death was gonna be coming from!! Thank God Almighty we were alone at that intersection, at that second. I had to pull over and calm down the rush was so bad. I was paying attention, but you couldn't see the road intersecting ahead due to the greenery. Man we were lucky. Felt stupid none the less. jimsjinx
I did that once on my GSXR750, but it was entirely my fault. It was a cold day out, so I warmed the thing up (1989, oil/air cooled, did not like to run cold), hopped on, and accelerated like a bat out of hell down my street (which you are wont to do on GSXR's). Came up to the intersection with the two-way stop and hauled on the brakes to come to a hard stop for the stop sign - and the cold tires slid right through that intersection. I didn't even have time to look for cross traffic, I was purely a spectator at that point. Held the brakes on to keep the wheels locked and sliding, did my best to keep it straight upright, and finally slid to a stop just past the other end of the intersection, without dumping it. Scared the living hell out of me. I did not do that again.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Hey there CC and Wife! Happy to here that you were not hurt badly.

Bikes can be replaced lives are not.

Hope it all works out.

Tom:waving:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.