Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Finally put the bike away for it's long winter sleep yesterday. A little cold but not too bad. Changed the oil drained the rear suspension of air, took out the battery and tucked her neatly into the extreme corner of my garage. 6mil plastic on the ground that comes up to about the height of the engine guards, placed dryer sheets in all open places including the exhaust and left a few on the plastic sheet under the bike. I use to have problems with mice. ( I hope, "use to" ) Then struggled with the bike cover to get it over the bike and the plastic at the bottom as the bike was up against a wall on the one side. Once all was done stepped back to admired my handy work. I then drained the old oil out of the tray into a bottle to be disposed of properly. Just as the oil was finishing draining there, in the bottom, was my oil drain bolt crush washer. DAMN!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Took a look at my almost hermetically sealed bike sitting in the corner, briefly contemplated pulling it all out and starting over, very briefly. :shock::shock:Then decided to tape the washer with a big piece of paper saying crush washer to the back of the cover, so there is no way I will forget it next spring. I am pretty sure it shouldn't leak while sitting, but I guess I will see.

On a brighter note wishing all my biking (and non biking) brothers and sisters a Merry Christmas and fantastic New Year.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

I bought a supply of crush washers from WingStuff.com after fishing out too many in the bottom of the drain pan ! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

At least you rode until now. I had to put mine away last month!!

Merry Christmas!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

You want a NEW crush washer on that drain plug.

Keep the note, but buy some new ones. You bike's engine will thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.