Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Copied from the other board.

The big brown truck just delievered our new helmets. They're the KBC Tourcom Nova Blue helmets. The nova blue is close, but not an exact match to the 05 Bright Blue Metallic. The helmets come with a snap on visor, & we bought clear snap on face shields for them also. We got them from http://www.wingstuff.com. Rick has a good price, & quick service. Just trying them on, they seem to fit like they should. Only a trip will tell for sure. The only thing my wife doesn't like is, the shield has to be snapped on & off. We always liked the flip up type. Just wanted to post this info, for anyone else thinking about buying this type, & brand of helmet. Ours doesn't have the built in headsets, as we already have the J&M headsets. I'll be transfering them to the new helmets. Here's what they look like, minus the headsets.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

A flipper visor is essential in my view for this type of lid. Especially as they aren't exactly the cheapest in town.;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I agree with Budegan, I tried a snap on face shield in the mountains of California on a nasty, windy, rainy, cold day, (did I say nasty?). I ran into a real problem with fog forming rapidly inside the thing. With the visibility very poor anyway and being on a bunch of twisties, I ripped the thing off and threw it, didn't have time to do anything else with it since the next curve was coming up. Luckily I hadn't snapped the visor back on over the shield. I still use my 3/4 helmet but plan on getting a Bell with a flip up screen soon.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Yep, its missing a chin guard.A good blow to the chin can sever the spinal cord.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Yep, its missing a chin guard.A good blow to the chin can sever the spinal cord.
That same blow to a chinguard would most likely do the same.

Let's face it guys, helmets are built to withstand a fall from 3 feet. To limit the amount of acceleration the brain sees to a fall of this magnitude.

There are standards that can be viewed on line that explain what those standards are and how the testing is done.

I advocate free choice, but you'll never see me without a helmet.

Some people think a helmet makes them invinceable, in a bounce, it'll help, but in a sudden stop, it'll help the mortician.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.