Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I finally got to meet Steve Saunders at the UK treffen in Norwich. I almost didn't get to go because of work commitments, but a last minute reprieve seen me heading off late Friday. I recognized the man and his son Dylanfrom the picture on the homepage, that lad is well spoiled and he was getting new Frank Thomas boots and a new biker jacket when I bumped into them. Dylan was then trotting over to the tattoo tent to have some airbrushed tattoos on his arms. Nice Irish lads altogether, very friendly. I also met a little fellow called Mick and a very big Irish fellow called Gerry and a guy with a beard and a funny hat (with furry tails attached). The numbers attending seemed down this year, probably because of it not being held on the bank holiday weekend. Steve got roped into fitting accessories to a few of the other guys bikes, apparently this happens every year. :waving:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I met Steve and some of the lads as well. I think the guy with the funny hat was Tony. Had a laugh with them.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Thanks for that GWNorman, I have some bits need fitting if Wingnut is going to Blackpool. Now lets see.... towbar, Utopia backrest, Cee Bailey screen and 10 stack CD changer, that should keep him out of mischief for half an hour or so:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

You guys will never know how lucky youwere to meet the wingnut :clapper:in public. :clapper: The guys here in Ireland have to make appointments months in advance to see this man. :crying: The guy called Mick is the wingnuts bodyguard. :gunner2: When i went to Dublin for the interview for "The Forum Welcomer" :clapper:this Mick guy was standing at the interview room door with a :gunner2:he asked me for my I.D. and then allowed me in. :walker:

:3sum::18red::3sum:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

In work he had a huge guy called Alan working there. Almost 6'9" and built like a tank and he glared at you. everyone though he was the bodyguard, but he was a pussycat really. :cheeky1:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
In work he had a huge guy called Alan working there. Almost 6'9" and built like a tank and he glared at you. everyone though he was the bodyguard.
Hey Skooter :waving:I think Alan was retired early. :stumped:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Skooter wrote:
In work he had a huge guy called Alan working there. Almost 6'9" and built like a tank and he glared at you. everyone though he was the bodyguard.
Hey Skooter :waving:I think Alan was retired early. :stumped:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
No, he is back out of retirement again. I called to see the wingnut in the new workshop last week and Alan was still there. I mean, who else is Steve going to throw hammers & wrenches at when things get frustrating?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes Alan is still there ,,I think wingnut uses him as a door on cold days to keep the wind out of the workshop ..:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.