Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

New to Goldwings and this forum. When riding, I can't see the GPS because of the reflections on the screen. Anyone know of a hood to block the reflections or some other solution?

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

There was a post awhile ago and i think they added washers to the top GPS screws so as to tilt the screen/unit to help see it better. Tony:action:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I seen a GL1800 with what looked like a velcro hood on the stock sat-nav. Not sure if it was a DIY or bought hood, but it looked good.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

WOW! You guys really came through for me!
The velcro thing looks like a winner. I'll be following up on that today. I appreciate all your helpful advice. By the way, what's the criteria for "Senior Member"? My odometer is reading 78.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Howdy1Howdy wrote:
The velcro thing looks like a winner. I'll be following up on that today. I appreciate all your helpful advice. By the way, what's the criteria for "Senior Member"? My odometer is reading 78.
"By the way, what's the criteria for "Senior Member"? My odometer is reading 78."

I think you qualify for the discount :)

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Howdy1Howdy wrote:
Welcome to the World's best Goldwing forum!!

I used to use one of those hoods with my Garmin Quest and it helped some. Haven't needed it much with my Streetpilot 2720.

The Senior Member designation has to do with your post count, not your age. I believe it's around 900-1000 posts that you get that added but I'm not positive on that. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

"The Senior Member designation has to do with your post count, not your age."
I'm so embarrassed...thanks for setting me straight.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Howdy1Howdy wrote:
"The Senior Member designation has to do with your post count, not your age."
I'm so embarrassed...thanks for setting me straight.
Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a common assumption to new members that it is about age. :waving:

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.