Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

looking at different ways to mount my garmin 255. I know about ram mounts. How are others mounting their GPS?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

You can always invent something, but it is hard to beat the RAM mounts. Just remember to fix up a little tether on them no matter how secure they appear to be, will save the thing from taking a nose dive into the pavement at speed.

I saw some real neat short 8 inch black colored wire fishing leaders the other day and they would be ideal for that. Short, black, strong and looped at both ends.

Kit

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

I built a mount for my TomTom out of a small piece of 1" welding bar. It works perfectly, and is rock solid.

The TomTom doesn't have an audio-out jack on it, so I epoxied a jack onto the back of the case (not enough room inside the case to mount it there) and wired it into the speaker, so that when you plug a 1/8" plug into the jack, it bypasses the speaker and sends audio to the plug instead of the speaker:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
imported post

I put my Garmin Nuvi suction cup disc right between the key and radio on my 1500. Mount it there and it won't cost you anything. I put an aux. power outlet in the left pouch so that it has power.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

I just used velcro. Cheap and never a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Ta Da!

Made a simple bracket. Had to adjust so that I wasn't just seeing sky. located under my mirror so I am able to check it frequently without really taking my eye off the road. If it rains - I put it in my pocket and risk getting lost. Don't like riding in the rain anyways.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.