Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Goldwing. When I was up at Sturgis, my GPS screen started having lines in the bottom. I saw where a new GPS screen can be bought from Bike Bandit and other sites and they are wanting anywhere from 1,700 to 2,200 for a new screen. I have noticed some people have purchased a LCD screen and replaced it themselves for about 150 - 200. Does anyone know of a replacement screen for the 2015 model and if so what is the part number and where may it be purchased? Thanks for your time and assistance.

·
Administrator
25,376 Posts
Do you know if it is the same screen for the 2015? I heard this screen is for the 1st Generation.
No, I'm not sure.

·
Administrator
58,768 Posts
An LCD display is just a display, it only outputs what the ECU tells it to.

The matrix that feeds the display should be pretty much standard between all year models of the gl1800s. I just cannot fathom that Honda would change displays on a whim. that would make no sense at all.

Consider the PC world. I have displays that are 30 years old that I keep to test when a laptop or old Desktop display is not working right, and I do have one laptop that the onboard panel display circuits are bonkers.

yet, when I plugged in that VGA display, it fired right up and did what it is supposed to.
had to get used to a Green font on black background again though :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts