Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently purchased a Lawrence iWay 500C GPS unit for my Wing, and love it! It is completely waterproof and comes with a motorcycle mount in the box!! I just noticed that ubid.com (http://www.ubid.com) has them in an auction. I have a built-in GPS in my 2007 Lexus, and I like the routing in the iWay better than what is in my Lexus.

Cheers,

Ric

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

Wow Ric, looks like a nice unit, especially for the price. Thanks forsharing. From the pictures it looks like the mount is a Ram mount. Is that what comes in the box with it?

John

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes, it is a Ram mount and mounts on the handlebar. As I said, I love mine especially since it is for a motorcycle too!

·
12,838 Posts
imported post

How does the touch screen work with gloves on? I have been concerned thatthis could be an issue.

John

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I use thin leather gloves and it works fine...don't know about thicker gloves though.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
How does the touch screen work with gloves on? I have been concerned thatthis could be an issue.

John
I have a 2730 garbin, which is a touch screen. With thick gloves, I use the eraser end of a pencil, which I have tied to my tank bag with a string.

·
12,838 Posts
imported post

LD Hack wrote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:

John
I have a 2730 garbin, which is a touch screen. With thick gloves, I use the eraser end of a pencil, which I have tied to my tank bag with a string.
That's a unique but effective idea. :clapper:

John

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
imported post

Looks great.....I am hoping Santa brings me a Tom Tom Rider.:santawaving: If I get one I will report on how the touch screen works with thick leather gloves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.