Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi

how are you guys linking your gps to your wings.

As i have linked my GPSand mini disc through the tape deck it works ok but if i add12v power to the mini discand GPS at the same time the voice prompt stops working

if i remove the power lead to the gps or minidisc then the voiceprompts work

the gps is a street pilot 3/bikes a 1500 and themini discs a sony

any help appreciated as its driving me mad

thanks Glenn/uk

ps i have checked all leads and for shorts

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Eh...?

Something about GPS?

Posts are much easier to read with proper punctuation and capitalization. I can't make heads or tails about what you just wrote.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I think you need a seperate interface for the SPIII to work on your Wing. The Kennedy Celllset is one but Stuart from the UK does a cheaper one as well.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Glenn you will need a seperate feed for the SPIII - as it happens i have a kennedy cellset interface taken from my 1500 before i sold it . it was used for my spIII but i brought a Road Angel 2 and needed an additional input which meant i had to buy a duo cellset hence the old one is available.

this allows the speech from the GPS to be heard as normal and your MiniDisc should also work as it is on a seperate feed.

If your interested get in contact m8

rgds

Phil

make me a reasonable offer m8

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

glennuk wrote:
hi

how are you guys

linking your gps to your wings as i have linked it to my mini disc then

through the tape deckit works ok but if i add the power to the mini disc

the voice prompt stops working or if i remove the power lead to the gps

then i can power the mini disc the gps is a street pilot 3/bikes a 1500 and mini discs a sony

any help appreciated as its driving me mad

thanks Glenn/uk

ps i have checked all leads and for shorts
Hey glennuk, :action:will you take your time and print your mesgs correctly. :whip: axelwik who is a "Guru" doesn't understand one word you have written. :crying: Now how do you expect an ordinary member to read it. :baffled:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Thanks Glenn,

I didn't want to sound callous, but it's easier to help if the helper can clearly understand the question.

It looks like some of the other members have it covered.

Happy new year

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Glenn, are you using the Goldwings headsets for the voice prompts or are you using a different setup? I know that the voice prompts on the SP3 work through the headsets on the bike but DO NOT work through the bike speakers, so I'm guessing that you are using headsets that aree not part of the bikes system.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Jaysus lads :baffled:,I am just an ordinary member and I understand perfectly what glenuk is on about ,,,maybe these GURUS are only GURUS at bikes and not atreading english ...:D:D.

Thats why REDWING wont make the grade ,,he reads and writes to well ......God I love stirring the pot .:jumper:..Cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Hey Wex,

Glenn edited his post a bit to make it easier to read.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Ah now ,no backtracking :cheeky1:,,ok we will forgive you this time ;),,keep up the good work :clapper:..happy new year to you Ciaran:waving:

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

hi

well got the GPS working last night through my head sets. yes im useing

separate intercom at the minute as i have'nt got round to making some

headsets to work with the honda intercom.

turned out that i had to disconect the earth to the intercom power supply

any way thanks for the imput

Glenn/uk

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

I have no poblem reading it either.Seems like some folks get more enjoyment out of tearing a person s post a part rather than helping out.....sad to see...Trap

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

trapper48 wrote:
I have no poblem reading it either.Seems like some folks get more enjoyment out of tearing a person s post a part rather than helping out.....sad to see...Trap

The original post was hard to understand,but Glenn edited it later. There still wasn't enogh info, that's why I took a stab at guessing that a seperate headset was being used. Those darned GPS problems are so diverse (so many applications) that you really need to know every detail. This is a very useful site on GPS Glenn, loads of links to other GPS enthusiast sites as well.

http://gpsinformation.net/

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

trapper48 wrote:
Seems like some folks get more enjoyment out of tearing a person s post a part rather than helping out.....sad to see
Hey trapper48, :cheeky1:I dont know where you got that idea from. :whip: No one on this forum tears anyone's post apart, :crying:it was a little difficult for the membersto understand and to give a correct answer to glennuk. :baffled:Every member is here to help each other. :clapper: The only person that gets a bit of stick now and again is myself but I dont mind because Im looking for promotion. :leprechaun:So your post is incorrect. :stumped:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Thats why REDWING wont make the grade ,,he reads and writes to well ......God I love stirring the pot .:jumper:..Cheers Ciaran

That isn't quite true, REDWING posted a message saying he rides his bike over the sea, when he really didn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.