Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone have a nuvi 750... I seen an ad that they are on sale at Sams club for 198.00 I think thats a good price... I might go and get one today...any suguestions ???

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Hi Gramps & Welcome to the Family. We have a Nuvi 750W & love it, I got a weather proof case - ram mount from "GPSCity.com" & it works fine.
Put your location in your profile so your neighbours can find you. :waving::waving::action::action:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello Gramps and welcome from Arizona

[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Hi Gramps & Welcome to the Family. We have a Nuvi 750W & love it, I got a weather proof case - ram mount from "GPSCity.com" & it works fine.
Put your location in your profile so your neighbours can find you. :waving::waving::action::action:
What do you think of the price ??...$198.00 ...Good, average, High, ?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Yep, I got mine referb'd on ebay & paid more than that. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

:waving:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I can handle a 800lb. bike...but can't handle this desk top computer...How do I edit my profile..?? :cool:fond out how..:grinner: done..

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Gramps wrote:
I can handle a 800lb. bike...but can't handle this desk top computer...How do I edit my profile..?? :cool:fond out how..:grinner: done..
& well done I might add. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Gramps, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,705 Posts
imported post

Your $198 at Sams Club is an excellent price. That's the very lowest price I could find on the web last night.

I ordered one for my brother-in-law at the same $198 price and he had to pay shipping on top of that :(

Still better than buying a membership at Sams Club for only one item.

I was tempted to buy two of them, so that I could have one in each vehicle I own instead of moving my Garmin 2730 around all the time :baffled:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,705 Posts
imported post

Oh, that Nuvi 750 has a neat feature that I really like.

It posts the speed limit in a small square on the left side of the screen. Nice touch.

edit: moved you over to General Discussion area. Get more exposure that way... :action:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Welcome, Gramps! You're gonna love this place.........

(say, guys..... what do you think is the number one advantage of a GPS over, say, a Rand McNally map in a tank bag case? When Red and I first started touring, we got by with a Rand McNally map portfolio which we got from our local Bi-Mart for about $8.00..... not knowing any better, we just followed the roads with the green dots -- the scenic highways -- worked out very well for us.We'd tear out the individual state maps.... when they got too wrinkled, we bought another portfolio! A couple of years after we started, we bought a Reader's Digest coffee table book called, "The Most Scenic Drives In America, 120 Spectacular Roads." We found that the green dot McNally roads that we had been following were the same as the roads in the book! Still got the book by the way, have nearly got them all!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

#1 for us on a trip is finding lodging when we've rode as far as we want to go.Ride till you've had enough,stop and punch in lodging,pick one,pick up your cell phone and call the # that comes up with the name,book your room,hit navigate and follow the GPS right to the door.I would think that even if you camp it would quicker and easier.I still take a R.M. Road Atlas to plan my next days ride,but using the GPS to find lodging at the end of a long day saves me getting yelled at at times.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Garmin 3.5" Nuvi 200 on sale at Walmart this week for 97 bucks.

Magellan 4.3" Roadmate 1412, same place for $147.00.

These are "One time offers" for Black Friday's sale.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,705 Posts
imported post

That paper map shows you the roads, but not where you are on that road. That's one.

Locating a specific address in a strange neighborhood? Paper maps rarely have street addresses on them.

Okay, same thing on a dark night and you can't even see the street signs. As long as that gps can see the sky, it will point you there.

Strange city? Need to find a specific address? I've been that route with paper maps all my life. Give me a gps any day of the week. I can drive from anywhere to somewhere else just like I grew up there and know exactly where all the right turns are.

But all of that aside, I like the "dash panel" feature really well. Current speed (my car's speedo is broke :) ), miles traveled since last reset (odometer is broke too ;) ) so I can change the oil on time. Time to destination, this is a nice to have feature and it up dates constantly to account for different travel speeds.

Or, how about this? As I travel down a road, I have mine set to give me ALL of the feature names. Names of the rivers beside me, that lake over there, a national park that I didn't even know existed, the name of that canyon just beyond the horizon that I didn't know what there.

You would have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get a good enough topo map to cull out that info. And then you would have to want to know it was there. For me, I think it is neat to just sort of keep half an eye on the gps as I travel round the country.

I have learned a lot about where I live, and most of it I didn't even know was there ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.