Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Where's the cheapest place to buy? And what brand do you like for your wing? And did you do the install?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I bought a factory refub Magellan Roadmate 2200T waterproof unit at newegg.com

Mine is mounted using a RAM mount on the right side brake caliper bracket.

Although I like it there, I think maybe down on the key bridge like exavid did might have been better for sun shading reasons.

To add a little to it... I got my wife a TomTom One XL and it's not nearly the GPS that the Magellan is, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I got a refurb StreetPilot 2610 for under 200 bucks and a Ram mount. Its waterproof and has a relatively large screen

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I seen today that Garmin has the 660 thats for going to be avilable for purchase in April.Its more tho

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,178 Posts
imported post

I just do a search for GPS and the model I want.
google will give you a lot of choices to look at.
Pick the cheapest one, and see if the vendor is certified by using Paypal or Verisign...

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I have the Magellan, like Rudy and exavid and like it better than my Garmin. I would buy whatever brand I could afford. Depends on what you want to pay. Everyone has different preferences, and the only way you'll know what you like is after you have had one. They almost all do the same thing.

Newegg.com
amazon.com
tigerdirect.com

There's a bunch of sites out there.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

I carry and $8.00 road map in the Godwing. Regular GPS's are nice and if you have the money to spend I would suggest any type of waterproof one.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

HI

I just bought the previously mentioned Megelan road mate. $ 84.00 Refurb. So far so good, has one year warentee.

Tom

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Not specifically but being waterproof makes it suitable for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.