Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Friend of mine has a 06 1800 with factory Nav system. When you first start the bike the nav boots up and gives a "data card error" message then finishes loading and works fine. Anyone else heard of this?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

No never heard of this. Also this situation is not listed in the service manual, not a word is said about it.

I do have three ideas about it though, there is only one data card. You should always grab the rear crash guard or something grounded to the frame before removing the card out of the holder in the trunk area as static electricity can damage it.

So it could be damaged.
Or one of the small pins not making contact properly, be very careful with it, and push the release button above it in the holder in the trunk. Look at it carefully and maybe spray it with computer contact cleaner, and some in the plug pin also. Could simply be one pin not making contact. Be careful installing it, easy does it, they are very easy to tear up.

Could be for some reason the system is in diagnostic mode all the time , to exit diagnostic mode you have to bring it up, and let the system recognize it, then when you turn the ignition off it properly exits it.

To bring it up, on the right hand panel, push the Zoom In one time, then push the Zoom Out twice, then push the Zoom In Once, this will add the diagnostic mode to the main menu screen. There are about 20 functions you can check with it, move through the list with the up and down buttons and push the enter button on each one, if it turns blue it is ok.

Try those things, if not, I have not a clue. As nothing about that particular thing is even mentioned in the service manual.

Kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.