Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Interested to find out what kind of GPS devices you are using on your bikes, and moreover what color background do you find easiest to see in direct sunlight.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Garmin Nuvi.

The default background is fine 4 me.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

Magellan 2010 with a ram mount. Has a blue background but is not really easy to read in sunlight, however very bright at night.

Tim :bat:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

I bought a Nuvi 250 when I moved to KY to help get around in unfamiliar territory. Works well enough that I stick it on my bike's windshield.

Just wish it spoke the street names though, or gave more precise times till the turn. Right now it says "In point two miles, turn leffffT". Frankly I still can't figure out how much the hell .2 miles is.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Garmin nuvi 200W with ram mount on my 98 1500SE. Go get lost and then turn it on. LOL

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

We have a Garmin 2610 with RAM mounts. Bought it reconditioned on-line with the Garmin warrantee, etc. It is a few generations old, and I am told they aren't going to support maps for it after the current version. (I have City Navigator North America 2009) I usually update every 2 years, so i'll probably be looking for a newer model in a year or 2.

The yellow background is easy to see in the daytime. The black night setting is very good for the dark.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

garmin nuvi 205w, haven't found good mount yet mine was cheap off ebay and can't adjust enough for glare:action::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

We have a Garmin 2720 on a Ram mount. Screen back ground is white in the daylight and easy to read. Wish the screen was larger (bifocals you know).

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,778 Posts
imported post

I have a Garmin Nuvi 350 that I don't like the menu system on it. Way too clunky to use.

I much prefer my older Garmin 2730 with its' menu buttons on the outside. You can ALWAYS go to FIND or MENU anytime you please. The screen is fairly good in sun, but not great. It was made before the brighter LCD screens were available.

Which one for you? One that works and can get you home :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
imported post

I have a Magellan 2200T with ram mount. The background selections are all hard to read in the daylight (except the white) and the blue is great for the nighttime. I like it as it is waterproof and has an 8hr battery. It also uses the same maps as Google uses.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Garmin Nuvi 205 for me. Great. I use a RAM mount, which is secure, but not very adjustable. I actually prefer a simpler mount, but those require round handlebar bars. A freezer sandwich plastic bag and couple rubber bands form the waterproof seal for the Nuvi.
If you hook it to bike power, and use 100% of screen brightness, it is fine in sunlight. However, if you use internal battery, you have to dim the screen to get any kind of battery life, and then its hard to see in sunlight.
Peace.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I use rand mcnally 2009 but am looking soon to upgrade to a 2010

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,778 Posts
imported post

Triker Mike wrote:
How many AA batteries has it needed since you bought that 2009 model? :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

I have the Garmin Quest with a RAM mount. It is waterproof and has the 2009 maps loaded on it. It was also cheap ($80 on ebay). Downside is that it doesn't have a touchscreen and is a pain to program. Upside is the rechargable battery lasts for 20 hours.
Yellow during the daytime and a dark blue at night works for me.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

How many AA batteries has it needed since you bought that 2009 model?

2 For when I get lost in the middle of the night

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Used a Garmin Zumo 550 on my BMW. My new Wing has Navi. Both work very well.....I use the default screen. I miss the altimeter on the Zumo, as it was neat to see the elevation while riding up near Red River.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

A Garmin Nuvi 250 I like it great ;find it easy to use I mounted the metal disc just ahead of the radio , that way it is easy to remove to use in the car ( I know car is a bad word but we have long winters in Atlantic Canada so I can't take the Wing all year

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Garmin eTrex Vista HCx, now if I could only read it :) I also have the street pilot C330 for the truck. The eTrex is a hand-held series that are pretty rugger.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Triker Mike wrote:
Me too!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.