Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 19981 GL1100 standard with Krauser bags. Is there a aftermarket grab rail available for the passenger? I am new to Goldwings and can not seem to find a straight answer anywhere.

Also, I would like to install a set of armrests as well. Has anyone put them on a GL1100? If so, any advice and information appreciated.

Thanks

J M Wolfe
North Royalton, OH
http://www.northroyalton.net

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I've never heard of an aftermarket grab for the 1100, and I have some old catalogs for accessories at home and they don't mention this either. It would probably be easy enough to make a set, if you know someone with a pipe bender. The usual solution is to make them from stainless steel polished up.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

I too am working on (rebuilding)a 1981 GL1100 at this time and finding accessories is hard. Most seem to be in poor condition or non existence. Even the tech manual I have is a joke.. (I'm buying a different manual now)

From what I have seen (looking at old pictures and old ads of the goldwing) the GL1100 didn't have a grab bar. (maybe did.. I just can't find it) They all seem to be sold with luggage. J.C. Whitney sells the "5 piece tour seat" (arm rest) and from dealing with them in the past installation shouldn't be hard.

The closet thing I could find to a grab bar is a "sissy bar" and I have no idea if it fits. You have to measure the bolt holes. Maybe break out a hax saw too... :p

Good luck.. maybe we can compair notes......

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Hi there friend..I to have a 1980 GL1100, with grab rail fitted, which I got as an add on. only paid £30 GBP for it ( approx $50 ). if you want to see a pic just e.mail me and I'll send one over, that way you might be able to see if it's what you are after

cheers

Mavman

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.