Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got home from a great ride. Left NW side of Chicago road up Highway 14 to Lake Geneva, Wisc., then east on Hghway 50 to the Brat Stop in Kenosha for lunch. Took I94 south to Waukegan Road and then home, Fall colors were in full bloom. Traffic was minimal and the weather was comfortable 60 degrees. Oh and the Bears won also. A great day.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I'm glad to see someone else had a great ride this weekend!!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Had 2 great rides this weekend and the colors are in full bloom around here and on the BPR!! The colors are very strong and vivid this year too!!!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
Just got home from a great ride.  Left NW side of Chicago road up Highway 14 to Lake Geneva, Wisc., then east on Hghway 50 to the Brat Stop in Kenosha for lunch.  Took I94 south to Waukegan Road and then home,  Fall colors were in full bloom.  Traffic was minimal and the weather was comfortable 60 degrees.  Oh and the Bears won also.  A great day.
i grew up in Waukegan, i am sure i travelled many of those roads when young. maybe someday i'll get back up that way,to really enjoy the area.:action:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Our colors are vivid at this time of year, too. BROWN & GREY. But the temp was 56 and a great day for a ride. Took the whole family (wife and 2 kids) for a nice ride along the river. I swear the baby 'Wing' gets more looks than the '86. Forecast is for 65 tomorrow. That would be a record up here. Snow forecast for Thursday. Better get the last ride in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

same here. Rode with another couple from church. We rode along the Kentucky river where we could. Stayed on back roads. Leaves were absolutely vivid with colors. FUN FUN FUN

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
imported post

I had a great ride today too, 383 miles of beautiful Ozarks and Ouachitas.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Dang! The weather here has been perfect and I can't seem to get away. Something aways gets in the way! :(

I am very envious ...

Well, I'm gladsomeone is gettingout for a ride.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

I took some DVDs back to Redbox rental, took a turn, ended up in the mountains.

A 15 minute errand turned into a 3-1/2 hour "serenity now" ride. :cheeky1:

Beautiful day, gorgeous views asfallwas in full bloom.

Glad I have a wife that understands I need to get lost every now and then.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

Rode the Talimena Trail in Oklahoma & Arkansas this weekend...650 miles r/t from Oklahoma City. I think every bike in TX, OK, and AR was on the road! Beautiful weather, beautiful fall foliage, and my beautiful wife all made it a wonderful outing. Temp got up to 80. Not many days like this one left in the year, so we made the most of it. If anyone thinks Oklahoma is just flat and treeless (the Hollywood image), take this ride sometime.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

I had too many "irons" in the fire and was unable to ride. Glad some of you got out!

A buddy of mine in Tennessee has to go pick up his mail about 2 miles away - it takes him about 6 hours to find his way back home!

:cool:

Any day is a good day to ride ....!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I think the temp hit 40 degrees yesterday but still got out for a couple of hours, freezing rain today :gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Supposed to 17 deg for the next 3 days in SW Ontario... wow in November?

The latest weather forecast for Tuesday 4th is 20C deg that is definitely riding weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.