Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

I don't know what this guys scam is but I but nobody on the list can get preapproved.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

E Bay removed it !!!:baffled:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I didnt get to see the listing but these things usually involve a hijacked account. They start with tricking someone into giving up their login, place an attractive item for way too little, then some unsuspecting bidder sends payment (or a hefty down) to the scammers addy. Then, the unsuspecting hijackee, gets stuck with bad feed back from buyer that got stiffed, and the hijackee also may get stuck with the sales commission.

So I guess. Someone tried it on me, I managed to fall for the login stealing phish email. I noticed right away, and ebay was good about helping me make it right.

All ebay pages will start with "something.ebay.com" like "pages.ebay.com" or something similar. Anything that starts with anything else should be considered suspect.

Nuff rambling...

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

And there are plenty of brand new $4000 Mac G5 computers for only $1200 if you bypass ebay's e-mail and e-mail the scammer directly. Lots of them out there, and plenty of idiots fall for them, and their ways of getting passwords, or they wouldn't bother doing it.

Basically don't fall for a phishing e-mail that starts out with 'Dear eBay User"

They better know my name. Plus eBay knows me by one e-mail address, the scum e-mail me on a totally different e-mail address. So that alone I know it's not eBay, cause they don't know that e-mail account.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

The first one I saw on Ebay was several years ago and the seller had great feedback. I emailed for details for this to good to be true Goldwing for about one third of real value. The email I recieved stated he had moved to Italy buying a Honda dealership there and had to get up money fast or lose everything. He was very veryconvincingand I know some will fall for this. I WILL DELIVER A NEW DEMO GOLDWING TRIKE WITH TRAILER AND ONLY 1600 MILES TO YOUR HOUSE INCLUDING FREIGHTFOR ONLY $8900.00.

I WONDER HOW MANY WILL FALL FOR THESE SCAMS. IT SEEMS EBAY COULD STOP THEM WITH ALL OF THE RESOURCES THEY HAVE.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

There is a scam going round here that invites PayPal members to re-sign up or lose their credit rating iere-send all their bank/credit card details- that also starts with 'dear Paypal member'

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

wannabe wrote:
There is a scam going round here that invites PayPal members to re-sign up or lose their credit rating iere-send all their bank/credit card details- that also starts with 'dear Paypal member'
I has not heard of this one but will watch for! There is another Goldwing on Ebay now that is a scam for sure! Ebay is not doing there job on these!

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Looked today, at least 6 other GWs including one trike all of them 2005s for under 5k and if you look at the thing, all of them are unregistered sellers.:(

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
I don't know what this guys scam is but I but nobody on the list can get preapproved.
I'll be all of us would be approved including Shep. I emailed a couple of these scammers to see and both sent me an approval notice. I used a one-time email address.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

sites like ebay and paypal will not ask for your password through email. If someone emails and asks... its got to be a scam...

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

If you get an email from either PayPal or eBay that you think is a phoney, forward it to either:

[email protected] or [email protected]

If they are fakes, they will email you back and let you know. They also keep them in a database for reporting to authorities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.