Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

.... and some think owning a bike is a 'money pit'! :shock:

So .... did you do any fishing, or just out 'cruzin'? :fishing:

Been riding around up here lately in my mesh jacket, but don't know how much longer that will last, seeing as Bob and Deb will soon be heading back! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
....  and some think owning a bike is a 'money pit'!  :shock:

So   ....   did you do any fishing, or just out 'cruzin'?  :fishing:

Been riding around up here lately in my mesh jacket, but don't know how much longer that will last, seeing as Bob and Deb will soon be  heading back!  :laughing:

Had lunch with Fla's finest game / police and asked about catch and release w/o license. This is a NO NO attached to a heavy fine too.

So we cruised at Capt Bob's direction. He's pretty good at sniffing out the good stuff, don't cha know.

Bob and Deb are on the East side near Vero and such, checking out the action over there.

They leave on the 28th of the month so the 1500 is getting it's last bunch of runs in.

In planning for next year, we would like to include St Augustine for an overnight if possible because of both day and night time functions.

The ride up is really cool through lake country and forest including the St Johns River. I have done the this trip as a day ride from Sarasota to include lunch on the river at St Augustine. Not for everybody but a great riding day for sure for those on the go.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
imported post

We had a great time with Longboater and Babba over in Longboat Key and Sarasota..Ned has a great boat and treated us like Royalty..Just a fun time..

Thanks so much for entertaining us Ned and Babba

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
We have talked of this St Augstine trip a time or two . I vote to make it a plan .
That will have to be a definitive for next year. The good Lord willing.

Did a run to Sebastian Inlet State Park and area today. JDLN 126 was coming down from Bike week and gave us a call. We rode over and met up with him for the tour of the area. What a fantastic area. Here are some pics.

John and I

A unique bait shop with an HONOUR SYSTEM

Huggy and i on the North Fishing Pier

JDLN 126 ( John Dolan )

Just passed the 9,000 KM ( 5400 miles ) for our trip down here this winter..Have only put 1 tank of gas through the Explorer all winter here...Loving Florida.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
imported post

Another great ride today to the Everglades. Saw a few of these

and ate a whole lot of this

All in all a great day and a nice 400 KM run in 80 degree weather..Gonna miss this place.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Another great ride today to the Everglades. Saw a few of these

and ate a whole lot of this

All in all a great day and a nice 400 KM run in 80 degree
weather..Gonna miss this place.
I count seven of those beauties. (logs with legs)
What was your routing Bob? Looks like a great ride for sure.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
imported post

Thanks ned..That was just in that area off Hwy 41 ( tamiami trail ) there were lots more there, in individual spots..

we just rode 27 to Labelle then 29 down to 41 and across and came back to Everglades City and had lunch.

We rode today with JDLN 126 and he showed us the back way from Lake Placid Florida to Labelle..Now that was a great ride..

Time is winding down..Leave next Wed.:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Thanks ned..That was just in that area off Hwy 41 ( tamiami trail ) there were lots more there, in individual spots..

we just rode 27 to Labelle then 29 down to 41 and across and came back  to Everglades City and had lunch.

We rode today with JDLN 126 and he showed us the back way from Lake Placid Florida to Labelle..Now that was a great ride..

Time is winding down..Leave next Wed.:gunhead:
Thanks, always thought about Everglades City.
Can't believe the time is up already.

·
Premium Member
12,743 Posts
imported post

Well the Fl days are winding down fast now . Your need to drive the Explorer to the gas station ( if it still runs ,heheh) and put some fresh fuel in it . I hope you thought to add some Stabil for its long sitting spell here .

Geez Bob , Deb your about to pack it up again . Sorry we didnt get in more rides together . Though I am glad you had some real nice weather this year . Once you leave , would you send us some good rains ?

Now that you have been down south in the lake area perhaps you can lead us down to some good catfish restaurants next year .

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
Geez Bob , Deb your about to pack it up again . Sorry we didnt get in more rides together . Though I am glad you had some real nice weather this year . Once you leave , would you send us some good rains ?
I will see what I can do...The Pollen is driving me crazy..Looks like we will pull out on Tuesday Morn instead of Wednesday...

Rain would definitely help the pollen count down here:action:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:

I will see what I can do...The Pollen is driving me crazy..Looks like we will pull out on Tuesday Morn instead of Wednesday...

Rain would definitely help the pollen count down here:action:

Sad to see my buddies go. You guys are really the best and I am looking forward to the next meet up.

As for rain, I expect we will get more than our share come Sept-Oct unfortunately. We really need it now as much fire action is east of here.

Be safe on your way up and let us know that you got home OK.
Ned

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
imported post

Sad to see my buddies go. You guys are really the best and I am looking forward to the next meet up.

As for rain, I expect we will get more than our share come Sept-Oct unfortunately. We really need it now as much fire action is east of here.

Be safe on your way up and let us know that you got home OK.
Ned
We are always sad to leave but we will see you at Nassir 5 in Eureka then maybe ride back up North together and do the dragon and BRP thing..will give ya'al a call when we get back home.

Thanks for everything you guys did for us this season ( Onawingandaprayer also )

You guys and your wives are the Greatest...

·
Administrator
59,036 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
I will see what I can do...The Pollen is driving me crazy.................
Hawggy,

Consult your doctor and inquire about "Azelastine HCL"
It has made a tremendous improvement in my nasal health. Pollen is not bothering me this spring like the previous 50-60 years have.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Hawggy wrote:
I will see what I can do...The Pollen is driving me crazy.................
Hawggy,

Consult your doctor and inquire about "Azelastine HCL"
It has made a tremendous improvement in my nasal health. Pollen is not bothering me this spring like the previous 50-60 years have.
Thanks John...I will do that when I get back,,,:congrats:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
We have talked of this St Augstine trip a time or two . I vote to make it a plan .
Sign me up too, St. Augustine is one of my favorite places to go. This whole thread is full of pics and stories from my back yard. Hope to see you guys on your next visit and wouldn't mind if you dragged Dusty down here too....

Have a safe flight back home.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Where the heck were all of you when I was down there last month!! Except Mike and his wife anyway. :)

Glad you're all having a great time in the sun. We're getting webbed feet here at homewith all of the moisture. :D

Here's what a manatee looks like since you guys didn't get a good look. :D This from our snorkel tripin Crystal River.

Here's a bunch more if your interested. :waving:
Crystal River Florida, swimming with the manatees, 02/16/2012

John

·
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Too bad I had to work while you were here. Next time we might have to plan a mini NASSIR and take my dinghy out for a cruise/fishing/scuba trip. Room for everybody onboard....

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Hehe, nice dinghy!! :cheesygrin:

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.