Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I started out this morning just before 9am and headed west. Made my way to Mena Ar. and over Mt. Wilhelmena via the Talamena drive. I posted some pictures from there a while back, beautiful ride most of the time but this morning was cloudy and couldn't see much of the scenery. Over into Oklahoma and up to Poteau where I saw a sign that said "worlds highest hill" curiosity got the better of me so I followed the sign, never figured out how to get to the hill though since the street ran into a new highway. Oh well, I could see it and it didn't seem like much. I googled it when I got home and sure enough Cavanal hill is the worlds highest hill, being 1999 ft. high, if it were 2000ft. it would be considered a mountain, go figure.
On I went through Ft. Smith and on to Mt. Magazine, highest mountain between the Apalachians and the Rockies. Met a nice couple on the mountain on an 1800 with guess what! a car tire. He was as happy with it as I am with mine, said he's on his 5th car tire, has 138000 miles on his bike. We talked a good while and exchanged contact info.
I came home by the longest route I could think of and make it by about 5pm and did.
Put 378 miles on today, 322 yesterday. Damn I'll be glad when the days get longer.
:action::):)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Photos?

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
Well, I forgot my camera, anyway I thought I did. It was in my right fairing pocket the whole time. When I got home and wanted to take a picture of the odometer for the bikes birthday I remembered where the camera was.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Looked like a great ride David. Wish I coulda been there, but had chores to get done. I'm anxiously awaiting the longer days too. We'll get plenty of rides in this summer.

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

You had better get all the honey do's caught up and a few extra before long. Full time riding weather is just around the corner.:action:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Yep it is. I'm hoping the freight picks up soon or there won't be any $$ for riding

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I love the road stories that are on here , the idea that you can just hop on your Wing an your away !! At the moment its still a bit chilly here so I still have the bike tucked up in the garage.

However I have been in talks with the financial regulator ( aka" the missus" )about a trip to the states in 2010 hoping to take a bike down route66. There's a pal of mine that has done it a few times and he's happy to act as a guiide. Unfortunatley I lost my job recently so it's just talk at the moment but we'll see.

Eric

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

I thougt they stacked a couple of rocks on top of Cavanal Hill and made it a mountain???????
Good 146.04/64 repeater there.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum. The wife (Kelly) and I had a GREAT ride yesterday also and we met Dave0430 at Mount Magazine State Park. We enjoyed talking with ya, Dave and look forward to riding with you soon. The nicer weather can't get here quick enough..I was starting to get cabin fever..ha ha.

Kelly and I rode 350 on Saturday and 270 Sunday...I just replaced my front tire and had to get out and scuff it up some...... (smiles)

Hope everyone has a GREAT week

Take care
Mike

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Hey Mike !!

Welcom to the forum and dont be a stranger

Eric

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Welcome Mike, glad you made it here.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:Yep it is great for sure. I went on a group ride Saturday, did my duty as tail gunner and had a good time, but group rides do require lots of concentration, so Sunday I just pointed the bike towards Georgia.

I ended up at a State Park called Magnolia Springs, they even had an aquarium, saw an alligator, talked to a lady and her kids that were feeding the fish on the walk bridge over the springs, had a big goose chase me and try to bite me. :shock:

Pointing the bike for home, makes one sad that the day is gone. The warmth of the day goes quick this time of year, but it sure is nice during mid day.

Kit

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Finally got the missus on the bike and she actually enjoyed the ride. It was a short ride down the highway, (she got nervous when the speedO said 70) but after we were all done, she said she had a nice ride, no pain and would go again. YEAH GOLDWINGs!

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Hey Duffyclown, I must have missed you yesterday, me and my backrest, aka the boss, took a chort ride from Portsmouth up 17 and across the JRB and back through the M&M, didn't last very long, we were only gone an hour but it got the cobwebs out of our heads, Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime. Ride safe and often my friend

Ritchie & Lyn :action::action:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great ride ... one of these days maybe I will get to make that trip.

I wanted to ask ... have they done any road work on the South side of Mt. Magazine? The last time I went over themountain ... theNorth route from Paris was in pretty good shape but theSouth needed a little work?

Bob

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Monk wrote:
Sounds like a great ride ... one of these days maybe I will get to make that trip.

I wanted to ask ... have they done any road work on the South side of Mt. Magazine? The last time I went over themountain ... theNorth route from Paris was in pretty good shape but theSouth needed a little work?

Bob
They haven't done any work on it in the last 2 years but it's in pretty good shape for a road that crooked and steep. The only thing is they have put sand on some of it for the ice so it's a white knuckle ride on those places.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Ok, I broke the barrier, I took my wing to work this morning and it was 12 degrees (F) when I left. Other than my hands freezing I was snug as a bug. I think I'm going to get hippohands so it will be better next time.

It's suppose to be 60 here on Thursday. I may have to have a sickkkkkk day to go ride. :D

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow, you notice that more and more ride notes are coming out, yep, feel it in the air, spring is just around the corner, rides are a happening, and more and more it will prevail. :action::action:

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Did another good one last Sunday with mjktx121 and another guy, Bob on a 1500. We had a blast riding all over North Arkansas. Some of the most beautiful and fun roads on earth.
I did 425 miles that day.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

And here I am waiting to loose my weight so I can get my wing. I have my Valkyrie and love it but it gets lonely in the carport while I am driving this 18 wheeler all over. I really do enjoy the ride reports. Keep em coming!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.