Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feb 29th 2020. When I left home @6:45 am it was 32 f, 30 f when I got down off my hill and stayed about that for the first hour then slowly rose to a very nice day. Met my friends Bob & Larry for breakfast in Russellville about 9am. We went into North Arkansas from there and rode some awesome roads, 1 I had never been on that I can remember. I was gone 11 1/2 hours and rode 504 miles. We didn't stop for lunch and I took no pictures, may have something interesting on my video camera, haven't looked yet.

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did see 1 elk. Left side at tree line.
Elk 022920.jpg

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just some of the fun

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! So, you were having issues with your shoulder or something. That must be getting better?
Yep, I'm almost good as new, or as good as I'm ever going to be anyway.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
That made me sick about to throw up ! LOL Where was that Dave? Nothing looked familiar. Tried to get on mine but knee not quite ready. Glad you had fun.

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where was that Dave? Nothing looked familiar.
Not going to say on a public forum. Don't want it to get overran with crotch rockets, though there was 1 on it. You have to know where it is to get there, it's not easy to find.

·
1,648 Posts
Made an 2 hour trip yesterday , - around 8 celsius (=46 fahrenheit) and cloudy .
First ride this year (due to insurance most motorcyclist here isnt allowed to ride in the 3 winter months) but now the season is on !
WERY strange thing happened , - the heavy shower started AFTER i got home , not my normal kind of luck

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Looked like lots of fun!

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about starting a business. If I scheduled motorcycle tours in areas plagued by drought, I'd bring heavy rains with me. I could make a fortune charging cities for the service.

Lawyers said it was too risky though as I might be considered responsible for flood damages.

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
I ran off the road three times just watching that.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Sorry to be posting so late, I just saw this thread. I too have a problem remembering to take pictures. Here a couple from that day.

This was at the first restroom stop. We all took a walk into the woods. :cool:

This was a stop we made in Ponca. It was a busy place on a Saturday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts