Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I am so glad I stumbled upon this website, it's been very helpful , I've been riding since I was 16 and I am now building my first goldwing. I was looking for a beemer boxer twin when a friend offered a 76 goldwing for free. How could I resist!!!! Then I found a 1975 which I picked up for $ 100.00 . Between the two I've taken the 76 down to bare frame and have built it up using the engine from the 75 (25,000 miles) . Anyway, I've had a hard time finding the shims for the rear brake pads, now am i wrong in thinking that the shims are just to stop squealing , i put some of the anti-squeal stuff on the backs of the pads to stop any squealing, think it will work?thanks:cooldj:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum bummerino!:waving: Although I'm not familar with your model, the anti-squealing compund sounds fine to me. I've used it a lot on old cars and it seems to work just fine. I'm sure some of the other forum members will enlighten you with some excellent help here in the forum. You can pick up some really good ideas here also. So again welcome and don't be afaid to ask questions, none of us know everything (With the exception of Redwing who is older than Jesus.) and you'll be able to contribute with things you find out.:)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey bummerino :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
don't be afaid to ask questions, none of us know everything (With the exception of Redwing who is older than Jesus.)
Hey GLester :stumped: If you know the age of Jesus, you should have known the answer for bummerino. :whip:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to a great Goldwing site!!!!!!!:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
GLester wrote:
don't be afaid to ask questions, none of us know everything (With the exception of Redwing who is older than Jesus.)
Hey GLester :stumped: If you know the age of Jesus, you should have known the answer for bummerino.
Jesus Martinez is 34 this year.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi bummerino and welcome. Those shims are really anti-rattle shims, you still need copper greas or other ant-squeal compound. The Goldwing brake pads are not realy prone to rattling so the shims aren't essential.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I would like to thank all of you for your response. my goldwing is probably 95% done but I can't get into the garage to work on it because the temp here in ca is 105* and predicted to stay that way all week!:baffled:so i'll just have to stay by the pool and work on relaxing! :cooldevil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.