Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son has this on his laptops, when he showed me how it works, I had to get it for my Win7 Desktop back home.

It is even faster than using the Screenshot tool that comes with Linux Mint, in that its' only option is to select an area of the screen and save it to a file....

·
Registered
756 Posts
There are several built in options for Windows. The PrtScn key takes a screenshot, Alt + PrtScn takes a shot of just the active window, and there is the snipping tool which has a GUI for that as well as freeform or rectangular selections, with annotations, email, and a bunch of modes and options. One of the most handy is you can set a delay, so you can have something like a drop down selection open when the screenshot goes off. Perfect for writing a guide or walk through for something.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several built in options for Windows. The PrtScn key takes a screenshot, Alt + PrtScn takes a shot of just the active window, and there is the snipping tool which has a GUI for that as well as freeform or rectangular selections, with annotations, email, and a bunch of modes and options. One of the most handy is you can set a delay, so you can have something like a drop down selection open when the screenshot goes off. Perfect for writing a guide or walk through for something.
True,
but none of those will take a selected area of interest.....
each of those requires using another app to pull out just a small frame, like this one
my son has Greenshot on his laptop, he has to capture small areas of Data that is coming off of a CanBuss system, and needs to grab it fast, and write it up in a Progress Report during the process of checking out the bus's electronic control systems.....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Snipping tool will do just an area of interest, either a rectangle or a freeform shape. Copy right to the clipboard to be pasted into most any application or web form, like so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts