Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've stumbled across this little corner of the internet in my search for useful info on my recent purchase.

I cleared my tiny (in USA standards) garage earlier in the year getting rid of my 1974 Ural (with sidecar) and my 1964 (much modified) Lambretta to make a space for a 1981 GL1100 Standard.

The weather here in the UK has turned cold and wet (yes even more then normal) as the winter closes in so I've only managed a couple of local rides on it so far. It's in great condition having spent a great deal of its life in one of your sunny states (I'm yet to try and find out which one) but there are things for me to tinker with and improve over the winter so I'll be make a nuisance of myself in the technical sections !

Thanks in advance for the help :smile2:

·
Administrator
24,486 Posts
:welc: If you have photos maybe someone here will recognize your 1100.

·
Premium Member
58,740 Posts
Hallo Matt23

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welc:

Where at in the UK?

You're talking (typing?) like the forum is a U.S. product, but it was actually started, and run for a long time, by an Irishman.

Please, fill in your profile.

My bad Dennis :) I guess I'd been reading a number of threads and things seemed quite 'US centric' ...it didn't pout me off !

I live about 25 miles north of London, in Bedfordshire. Let's see if I can manage to post a pick of my machine:-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning on hacking off most of the rear end and making a hard tail bobber out of it......not;)

It just requires a little fettling here and there (currently waiting on a diode for the clutch / neutral light) which I'm getting on to whilst the weather is bad here as I'm only a fair weather rider these days. If anything I#m looking to correct thr few things that arent standard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts