Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all my new friends on GoldwingFacts.com
I'm Dan. I'm a later in life sorta rider or should I say RE-rider. I used to ride in the 1970's but had to stop to raise kids. I recently fell into an opportunity to purchase a restored 1984 Goldwing Interstate from a friend who has built up several. It was a good price and was on my WANT list back in 1984. Still can't afford a new one but this one runs like a charm. My friend did a good job on it. So I've started riding again and am discovering the fun of 'dancing' through curvy mountain roads.

I'm a professor at a large private university, and also a part time pastor in the denomination called The Church of the Nazarene.

I'm looking around for 'ride maps' of Southern California back roads. Someone told me, today that Goldwing owners forums had them. So far have not found any. Does this forum have them?

At any rate, pleased to meet you
Dan
:)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:drdanelliott

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome Dr Dan . Enjoy the forum and visit often . I dont recall ride maps per se . What happens here is local members often times will help to direct riders to roads they know or attractions that may be of interest . I would post a question of asking for trip planning in the Misc. or General forums . There you will have more exposure as not everyone reads the new members . I hope your able to find some help or perhaps even a few riding friends .

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello Dan and welcome from Utah

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome and hello from a another So Cal guy.

·
Premium Member
73,497 Posts
Hallo drdanelliott

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Hey Dan
Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing that you are in the LA area Clairmont? I don't know the roads there close to you so much, more down here in SD mtns and Inland Empire mtns.. But have traveled some of the mtn roads up through the Lake Isabella and Kern river area to the parks and Tahoe Ans ran the coast back down with a side trip on the 166 and the 33 for a change. Lots if great rides here in SoCal.

For roads to ride check out Pasnit. http://www.pashnit.com/
Also pickup the monthly free rag at most bike shops, Friction Zone. They post a ride each month, and offer a CD of rides for $10. firction-zone.com
Or stop at local bike shops and talk to the people of their local ride spots. This works great while riding anywhere, local or out on a trip.
Get a state map free from DOT and look for the twisties!

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan, Glad to see you back in the saddle again. Wishing you many happy miles on your wing. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.