Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am a retired guy, 60, who is about to take on my longest solo tour ... a 'Bucket List' tour, if you will. I am leaving my home in a couple of days, to embark on a six month long tour of North America. I hope to ride through most, if not all of the lower 48 states in no particular order, as well as riding up to Alaska and then south again to head East across Canada from coast to coast, before returning to my home in mid-November.

I took my 2012 Wing in for an oil change and rode out with a new 2018 DCT instead. My 2012 was a good bike, but I just wanted to give myself a reason to get excited about riding again.

You can follow the tour on Facebook. Look for kentuckyrider and my name, Joe Jones, and watch for the usual updates; photos, videos, and a BLOG of events along the way.

As I tend to pack heavy, my Escapade trailer will serve as the 'mule' to carry all of the stuff!

Joe

·
Administrator
24,336 Posts
:welc: Be sure to post some of it on here, we don't all use farce book.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may put the photos into a flickr.com album and provide a link. I cannot post things to some two dozen different forums I visit. That requires more time than I am willing to invest.

Joe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's okay. Looking at the pics would require more time than I'm willing to invest.
I get your point and your sarcasm :ROFL:, but you must understand that if I snap a photo or a video with my iPhone, and then I must stop to post it on ...

Goldwing Facts Forum
GL1800Riders.com
GWRRA.org Members Forum
The GL Forum
Facebook
Flickr.com
Instagram
CycleFish.com
NorthAmericaGoldwings.com
goldwingowners.com
classicgoldwings.com
motorcycle.com forum
advrider.com
wingstuff.com
bikerplanet.com
bikernext.com
meetabiker-nextdoor.com
bikerfriendsdate.com
bikerkiss.com
bikerpassions.com
bikersingle.org
bikersnearby.net
etc.
etc.etc.

... I would need to spend a half hour for every photo, and two hours for every video!

So it is easier to post everything in one place, and provide a link to THAT site.

Joe

·
Premium Member
58,220 Posts
Hallo kentuckyrider

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Hi folks, I am a retired guy, 60, who is about to take on my longest solo tour ... a 'Bucket List' tour, if you will. I am leaving my home in a couple of days, to embark on a six month long tour of North America. I hope to ride through most, if not all of the lower 48 states in no particular order, as well as riding up to Alaska and then south again to head East across Canada from coast to coast, before returning to my home in mid-November.

I took my 2012 Wing in for an oil change and rode out with a new 2018 DCT instead. My 2012 was a good bike, but I just wanted to give myself a reason to get excited about riding again.

You can follow the tour on Facebook. Look for kentuckyrider and my name, Joe Jones, and watch for the usual updates; photos, videos, and a BLOG of events along the way.

As I tend to pack heavy, my Escapade trailer will serve as the 'mule' to carry all of the stuff!

Joe
What an amazing adventure you are about to embark on...can't wait to hear more about it along the way and see pics. Feel free to @ us on Facebook when you post so we are sure to see it. Ride safe!

·
Administrator
57,354 Posts
I may put the photos into a flickr.com album and provide a link. I cannot post things to some two dozen different forums I visit. That requires more time than I am willing to invest.

Joe

well,
I guess I will have to give in an create a Flicker appearance.
I avoid nearly all social sites except for Facebook, which if I did not use it,
I would loose contact with most of my motorcycle friends....

all too many have quit using our forums altogether :frown2: :crying2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im don't believe you need to have a FLICKR.COM account in order to view photos put there, do you? Maybe there is another place I can post the photos and videos, so anyone with the link can view them.

Here is a link to the FLICKR.COM photo album.

Check it and tell me if you cannot view the images in it.

2019 Tour of North America

Joe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay then! I will be sure to upload photos and videos to this account link, and you can view them there, without needing to go into the weird world of Facebook!

I will upload a short video there now, to see if you can also view that.... It looks like you can!

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Joe, That was quite a sudden rain storm......!!

I used o attend "Rider Rallies" in Richmond, KY in the 1990's.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was shocked! I LITERALLY looked out of my back door to see a bright, sunny day. so I closed and locked that door, grabbed my helmet that was charging for the headset, grabbed a bag with some items in it (checkbook, etc.) and walked through the door to the garage. I put my stuff in the rear trunk and heard the THUNDER! I opened the garage door to this TYPHOON that had descended onto my home in a matter of ... TWO minutes? I guess it was on the other side of my house and moving in fast. I didn't see a thing from the back door.

Joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts