Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello from Richland PA or as my wife and I call it "Pettycoat Junction". Last summer just before driving my daughter off to college I panicked and sold my 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1500 (real nice bike) because I thought I needed a little cash. Now I know that there is never enough cash, and I realized that I hadn't been truely happy since, so I bought my first Goldwing two weeks ago. I'm the proud owner of a red 1982 GL1100 Interstate with 32,000 miles on it! I waited until the temperature got above 10 degree F and the sun came out and rode it home. I really wanted to ride it home. Even in the cold I discovered what a motorcycle should be. I'm in love...but unfortunately this bike had lead a comfortable indoor life for several months and has had trouble adapting to my cold garage and my desire to ride it as long as the roads are ice free and the sun it out.

I found this site looking up solutions for a problem I started having shortly after bringing it home, and I found many great references. Seems Goldwing starters don't like cold oil. Luckily I have a very knowledgeable good buddy who stores his 1983 Interstate in my garage and he andI plan to take a closer look this weekend.

I really like the friendly helpful attitude of this site and look forward to meeting you all. I'll get a picture posted and my profile flushed out soon. I'll be sure to post the rest of the story soon.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from the State of Confusion.......Kansas! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do! :cooldevil:

Again, WelcomeAboard!! :action:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Ohio, you will find alot of help and information here. Congrats on the (new to you) Gold Wing looks good. How dare you put her in an unheated garage, you barbarian, just jokin mine is out there shivering just like yours.lol

13 inches on new snow, and my barn/shop door is frozen shut. Least you can visit yours,haha. Need any help let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum PA Chuck, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. My garage hasn't seen any heat since last August.... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny South Carolina (at least today)....from BlueWinger and Wild Wing Lady.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcomd from sunny Southern California (it's 85 here today)

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:12blue:Welcome From the HOOSIER State:1000red:

I keep mine under the cover and surrounded by old interior doors to keep out the elements (until the shed is ready) I keep a battery tender on itand when the weather warmed up to 35 degrees a few weeks ago, I turned on the key, set the choke, hit the starter button...3-5 minutes later I was riding...What a way to kill off the winter blaaaahs!!

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.