Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Hi Hydrocat from the other end of the world.

Great to have you on board, enjoy your stay.

Regards,

John S.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pity, you don't have to go that far west to ride all year 'round, not every day mind you but all year 'round.:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A warm welcome Hydrocat ( as if you need more warm!!):goofygrin:

The project bike sounds interesting and we look forward to pics in due course.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Welcome Hydrocat, how far are you from Pietersmaritzburg? I still don't understand how people keep getting Mana after just one post. I sent my check 8 months ago and there has been no Mana deposited to my account.

I do think I need to report this to the nearest Constable.:whip:

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I've got a friend Mike Ladeweg that lives in Johannesburg. He has a cool looking 1965 Ford F100 left hand drive truck.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

Hey Kikker :waving: Congratulations on your recent Promotion to "Very Active Member" Well Done. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
imported post

Hey Hydrocat, welcome

Hey did I miss something, I ride all year, except for occasional snow.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

:shock:.....:shock: GEEE WHIZZZ :shock:....:shock: WHAT A WELCOME!

Thanx Everyone, for the warmest welcome I have ever received in a Forum. I feel pretty comfi already.

As far as the project goes, my good intentions to sort the front brakes this w/endcame to nothing with me trying to get rid of a bad bout of summer flu, so I'll have to make it up through the week

I've rebuilt a number of bikes over the years and even owned a GL1000 back in 2000, but never tackled something as badly damged as this wing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
imported post

Wow Hydrocat you really have got your work cut out for you good luck and look forward to seeing the finish project.

Rave

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

Thanx Rave,

The wing is about 80% done.......Im busy with the front brakes...cleaning and spraying the master and calipers after replacing all the seals rotors and disk pads. I'm using gloss black Glatex 8, and I wonder if there is anything more brake fluid resistant on the market.

After the brakes I have to make the extention bolt that goes between the l/hand belt cover boltand the cylinder head.It broke off in the accident and I can't find any (new or used). That would be the last of the mechanical work.Then it's on to the final preparation of the bodywork for painting....sooooo the end is in sight.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well, Hydrocat, my hat is off to you for perserverance, to make something of that "pile of scrap" in the back of your truck, is nothing short of a miracle!!:clapper:

Can hardly wait for pictures!! :D:DIf it looks even half as nice as the old '75 then it was worth the effort. Well done mate.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hi Hydrocat! :waving::waving::waving::waving:

[align=center]WELCOME to the WORLDS BEST GOLDWING FORUM![/align]
[align=center]:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:[/align]

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.