Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm Bill and I currently reside in the New Orleans area, but until recently was a life-long resident of Ohio.

My wife and I are almost "empty nesters" so its time to do what we have wanted our whole married lives...get our first Goldwing!

I'm looking at an '86 Aspencade that will need a little updating with a new seat and windshield, possibly some other small items but otherwise its in good condition for its age.

This will be my daily driver once I get some practice...it will get better MPGs than the SUV on the drive to work. :)

This will be my first bike ever (of my own, rode a friend's for a couple of summers as a teenager) so I don't want to break the bank on a new bike, especially for a beginner rider.

I value all your experienced input and advice, and look forward to participating here.

I will post some pics once we actually have the Wing.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment.

·
Premium Member
73,523 Posts
Hallo BigBill

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum Bill! :waving: Since this will be your first bike, spend some time learning how to ride correctly and the best way to do that is a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course. You learn a lot in these courses and in most cases you will get a discount on insurance.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:BigBill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Howdy and welcome to the forum Bill! :waving: Since this will be your first bike, spend some time learning how to ride correctly and the best way to do that is a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course. You learn a lot in these courses and in most cases you will get a discount on insurance.
Definitely planning to do that!:yessir:
Any coaching and practice will be valuable.:RTFM:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome , new to the Goldwing family myself (traded in an 09 VTX1300T for an 05 GL1800). I live north of Pass Christian MS, we will have to get together for some riding once you get set. Tom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely!

Though I've had a change of plans, we'ver decided against the older Wing for now due to my inexperience. I'm going with an (new) NT700v for my daily commuter and later we will look for a nice GL1500 for long rides.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum from IL.

Ride safe :action:

Parman
:15magenta:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member