Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My neighbors wife:cooldj: gives me a small brass bell and tells me to attach it to my bike.:? A Gremlin Bell, She said tie it low on the frame and to kick it each time you get off the bike, giving thanks for a safe ride. I know it is not a new thing, but it is new to me. Does anyone have one on their bike?

Here is something I found about it. I suppose it is just aothersuperstition?:stumped:

Motorcycle Angel Gremlin Bell

Legend has it that a small bell attached to your motorcycle, close
to the ground, helps to ward off evil road spirits. These little Gremlins
can invade your motorcycle causing all kinds of problems. But the
constant ringing of a bell drives them off to the ground, where they
belong. The popular Angel design on the Gremlin Bell provides double
coverage to get the job done.

G

·
imported post

Yes sir i have one on my Honda 50. :clapper:Never had an accident in all my yrs. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Yes sir i have one on my Honda 50. :clapper:Never had an accident in all my yrs. :clapper:

I did put it on, and now I will keep it on.:)

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

I got a gardian angel on my bikes, Not real religious, just an old habit, Plus I haven't crashed yet, Got close, really sucks when the chain snapps doing 70mph, But I stoped safe and sound, Really sucked trying to get it on a trailer with the wheel locked up, That was my Kz650sr

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If it's the noise of the bell that drives off the road demons, why would a Harley need a bell?

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:
If it's the noise of the bell that drives off the road demons, why would a Harley need a bell?
The road demons can only hear high frequencys:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:
I originally figured it might be a Harley thing since it was called a Gremlin Bell,

Gremlin-Harley:)

No matter what is said about the Harleys, I wish I still had the two I once owned. Not to ride but to sell....$$$$

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
imported post

When I first bought my 83 1100, a friend of mine who owns a biker shop (and where I bought all my gear later) gave me a gremlin bell. I've not put it on, thinking I didn't want to get laughed at by other riders. Of course, I wrecked it a month later....may be time to strap that puppy on. :)

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Since I've had NO problems on the road with my bike, I'm of the opinion that a Goldwing is so quiet that the road demons can't hear one coming.

G

·
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
When I first bought my 83 1100, a friend of mine who owns a biker shop (and where I bought all my gear later) gave me a gremlin bell. I've not put it on, thinking I didn't want to get laughed at by other riders. Of course, I wrecked it a month later....may be time to strap that puppy on.
Heu jsmith24 :waving:Get that bell on your wing. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Where can I get one?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Yep got one on my wing........ and if you hang them right.. **** alot of people will never even see them......... not sure where all of you put yours but i attached mine to my right engine guard.... as far as where you can get them.... i got mine at a local bike shop... there is alot of them out there but some look feel and sound better then others..

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Legend goes the bell doesn't work if you buy it yourself, it must be given to you as a gift....

Raymond

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Legend goes the bell doesn't work if you buy it yourself, it must be given to you as a gift....

Raymond
That is True:)

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

philcsand wrote:
Where can I get one?
Now that I started looking , you can find them most anywhere, even wal mart has some...:)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:

Raymond

That's what I was told, too.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

speedracer wrote:
hey dean where is montague county???
Hey speedracer:waving:Welcome to the forum, Montague County is 2 countys north of Ft. Worth. There are some great places to ride around here.:)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I told the woman who hangs around here about the bell legend but I think she didn't quite understand it because she bought me a bell for Christmas last year. Unfortunately the thing is about five inches tall! Man would that drive off a bunch of demons! Luckily my new grand daughter really likes to play with it so I gave it to her, probably made my daughter and son-in-law to be amazed at my generosity. I think they had to buy ear plugs.I could put some aspirins on the floor near the bike, ring that bell and the demons would jump into the aspirin to get rid of the headache. Going to have to get her to get me a smaller bell. Might have to get one of my daughters to buy me one, when I unwrapped Big Ben I might have laughed a little, just a little, but you know how sensitive women are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.