Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Are these the bells that I see hanging from some Harleys and Hondas? I wondered what they were for. Has Consumer Reports done a test on these to see which one works best and which one is a Best Buy. Is the smaller bell prefered, or a cow bell better? Do two bells work better than one? :gunhead: Ok, I'll quit now.

Jerry

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Experiments were done dragging church bells behind large trucks and it was found that no gremlins were resident in the truck or bell. Since gremlins are usually proportional to the mass of the vehicle it's been determined that the minimum size bell effective on a Goldwing is 1/2" tall by 3/8" wide with a 7/16" long clapper weighted at 35 grains. Harley require a mass to weight ratio four times that of the Goldwing because the road gods dislike them for dripping oil and making too much damn noise.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

This all sounds very heavy man! Why not trade in for some of our "fairies" they are very light, are always unseen and work very effectively. I can see that the posting fairy worked here, this post was just about to drop off the page, then along came the posting fairyand moved it to top slot.

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
This all sounds very heavy man! Why not trade in for some of our "fairies" they are very light, are always unseen and work very effectively. I can see that the posting fairy worked here, this post was just about to drop off the page, then along came the posting fairyand moved it to top slot.

Pete

are you sure that wasn't a pixie Silverfox? they apparently used to ring bells down the mines

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

The only mines ai know about are ones that go:blowingup:and they aren't for fairies!!

I was just coming over to the deer alerts to answer you there

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
This all sounds very heavy man! Why not trade in for some of our "fairies" they are very light,
Nah, we got plenty of damn fairies of our own around here.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Experiments were done dragging church bells behind large trucks and it was found that no gremlins were resident in the truck or bell. Since gremlins are usually proportional to the mass of the vehicle it's been determined that the minimum size bell effective on a Goldwing is 1/2" tall by 3/8" wide with a 7/16" long clapper weighted at 35 grains. Harley require a mass to weight ratio four times that of the Goldwing because the road gods dislike them for dripping oil and making too much damn noise.

So what you're saying, is that I need to lose the church bell & get something a little smaller?????:doh:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

No need, tie it to the Harley!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

I trade bells with someone if I knew where to acuire these "Bells" (What the heck are you talking about:baffled:) I've heard of something like this only a couple of times in my 32 years of riding, and I was on a Harley Electroglide for 6 years!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I'll trade with ya. I guess I'd have to get one from a Hog shop around town. I also come to Houston, but it's for work and I wouldn't be on my bike....

Raymond

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Dude, I would but seeing as I have not bought mine yet maybe we better wait!:baffled:

No, Im really looking to get a small one for mine. Just havent found one I like yet!:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

speedracer wrote:
so i take that as a no? i was just asking cuz i have no buds with bikes down here.
I'd be happy to trade but already have one. I urge you guys to get one, I haven't seen, much less hit, an elephant or rhino since I put it on my bike.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
speedracer wrote:
so i take that as a no? i was just asking cuz i have no buds with bikes down here.
I'd be happy to trade but already have one. I urge you guys to get one, I haven't seen, much less hit, an elephant or rhino since I put it on my bike.

Now I know I need one because just last week I almost hit a Pegasus!:p

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
exavid wrote:
speedracer wrote:
Now I know I need one because just last week I almost hit a Pegasus!:p
No problem, they can fly out of the way, it's the damn unicorns that are a problem, you might get run through and pinned to a tree.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

I actually have two small brass bells attached to Eeyores belly. (Bell-y, get it?) My bride owns a bead and jewelry store (CeltCraft Beads and Jewelry, just to plug it...) and she has some trader bells that she got in. Not as pretty as the little silver and polished brass ones but the two harmonize together as I go over rough spots and make me giggle whenever I hear them.

Know what the best thing about gigglers is? You can always find them in the dark...

Ruaidh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.