Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ifa well meaning nonemotorcycle persongot you a set of black leather grip fringe covers as a thoughtful gift would you put um on?.

1984 Apencade

Ishi

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Nope

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Sure, why not?

As long as they don't whip you as you ride..:whip:

While you are at it, you could stick some hockey cards on the the bike so the spokes would make that clattering sound as you rode along too!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Interesting question. What is the gender of the gift giver? Will he or she be horribly upset if you decline to use them? Would putting them ongetyou laid? Canyou put them on and then remove them later when they aren't looking.? For such and important decision you might need to consider all the ramifications. But if it was me, hell no ain't going on my bike.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Why not pop them in your "Mojo bag" and tell the kind giver, that they mean too much to you as a gift, to put them on and they get ruined!:baffled:

If however, the giver was the object of yourthen, PUT THEM ON!!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I can see now that there is only one thing to do. LIE

1. Lets see, I went to the park to install the covers and went to get a drink and when I came back they were gone?

2. How about I was on my way to a friends house because they wanted to help me put them on and when I got there, well, they must have blown off the bike because they were gone?

3. I put them on and they looked great so I went to get a coke and when I got back somebodies dog was chewing on the second one?

4. My favorte is, they were the wrong color so I sent them back and they must have gotten lost in the mail, i wish now I had taken out insurance.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

ishi, I am dissapointed, with these excuses, the giver will take so much pity on you, they would go waste their money on more!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

ishi wrote:
I can see now that there is only one thing to do. LIE

1. Lets see, I went to the park to install the covers and went to get a drink and when I came back they were gone?

2. How about I was on my way to a friends house because they wanted to help me put them on and when I got there, well, they must have blown off the bike because they were gone?

3. I put them on and they looked great so I went to get a coke and when I got back somebodies dog was chewing on the second one?

4. My favorte is, they were the wrong color so I sent them back and they must have gotten lost in the mail, i wish now I had taken out insurance.
How about this one:

Someone stole them. I think it was a damn Harley rider! :goofygrin: :grinner:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I do have to admit that I did have a set of the leather (w/fringe) covers on my brake and clutch levers for a while because the levers looked so nasty. I recently bought a nice set of chrome levers and now the covers are in a drawer.

Maybe I'll try and pawn them off to that damn Harley rider. :grinner:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

I had a set on my SilverWing for awhile,  from the PO... the brake, and clutch levers were different colours, so I understood why...  They got tangled in the edge of the fairing, and control wires , so I cut them shorter... in cross winds one day ... again partially tangled , so they got shortened again...  Five  inch fringes look silly... so at that point ,I took them off... and placed them on a garage sale table one summer .... (gasp) got $5 for these ratty things...  SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Actually, they can be used elsewhere. Maybe your friend is telling you something.:shock:

Leather or not you use them is up to you.:baffled:

Ask about the "spam and pancake" treatment. Oh yes, ask.:whip::3sum::bananas::toast:

anonymously yours,

hb

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Ya know maybe fringe grips would not be so bad if i could find a manafacturer of black leather raccoon tails. It would BALANCE out the bike if I had one to hang off the radio antenna.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:Hey guys to each their own. FRINGE IS IN !!!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

You tell her Wow Cool boobie tassles, can you put them on.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr. Fix it wrote:
While you are at it, you could stick some hockey cards on the the bike so the spokes would make that clattering sound as you rode along too!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:
Don't be silly, he's in the US, he'd use baseball cards!

Maybe you can remake them into earrings. I think I saw a primitive tribe on TV once that had something like that in lieu of briefs, they just slipped them over their d*&^s. You got a buddy that mightlike the other one?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Heck, I didn't even know they made Harley frying pans, they have everything else under the sun so why not.;)

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

ishi wrote:
Ifa well meaning nonemotorcycle persongot you a set of black leather grip fringe covers as a thoughtful gift would you put um on?.

1984 Apencade

Ishi
Put them on, that way the "Deer" will here you coming!:goofygrin:

My brother has them on his "Harley", so he can tell when it's moving!:baffled:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.