Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What's best to use? I have a set of grips that I need to glue on, but I have no glue that came with the grips. What should I use? And how much do I use?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

Hair spray works well. just get the inside of the grip good and wet with it and slip it on.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

What's this Grip Glue you speak of?
I've always installed them dry and cut them off when worn out. Never had one slip or turn on me.:?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
imported post

My daughter's favorite...Aquanet super hold.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

spray paint works pretty well also.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

+1 on hair spray

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Hair spray.

You should have seen the look on my neighbors face when I asked him if his wife had some hair spray when installing his grips for him!

Priceless!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

You guys are nuts! Why in the world would I want to stick my $65.00 Kuryakin grips to my hair? I want them on my handlebars ok? ;)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

I used soapy water .. Randakk speaks of it.. It works.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I just installed a set of foam grips, just used a smear of dishwashing soap... they aint coming off without a knife

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
What's this Grip Glue you speak of?
I've always installed them dry and cut them off when worn out. Never had one slip or turn on me.:?
Same here. If everything is nice and clean then no glue should be needed. If a grip isn't fitting tightly or somehow spinning and turning, then the grip isn't sized for the bar it's on.

Basically two grip sizes available here; 7/8" and 1". I forget the metric equivalent. 22.5 mm? Something like that. All HD's and some of the big, new metric cruisers are 1", all else should be the smaller 7/8".

I've redone about a dozen bikes this year, all with gel-type, soft rubber grips (the cheap ones, sub $10 grips) and used nothing but soapy water to get them on. Once on and dry, they were all but impossible to remove without destroying them somehow.

Remember - one is larger than the other internally for the throttle...

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

I've been through Black Widow, Grip Gripper, hairspray, rubber cement, etc. to hold my Kury ISO grips, all failed after time. I dropped by local custom build shop and asked what they used. Answer: Superglue!

Put it on over a year ago, holding great!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

I'm with the no glue crowd, even on my dirt bikes. Course now that I said that I'll probably crash with grips in hand :) I can't think of a time were I had an issue though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.