Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Left rear crash bar.
Been effective so far on two different bikes.
But damn hard to hear even on the 'wing.

:shock::shock:

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

I have one hanging off the radiator grill and another off the left rear swing arm.
I hear them when putting it up or taking it off the center stand.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
imported post

Mine fell off, but as I know the bike loves me, I do not have any telltale feelings of forboding...;).

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

I left mine on the GSX-R, he needs it more than me....

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Mine's on my left saddlebag guard.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Hey Look! Someone wrote "Gullible" on your ceiling!

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

I've more often heard them referred to as "Gremlin Bells" with the purpose of chasing off gremlins that might otherwise infest your electrics, hydraulics or mechanicals. I believe they grew out of the Teamster's tradition of mounting bells on their horses. Should a Teamster require assistance along their journey, they would surrender their bells to the Good Samaritan that helped them out of their jam. That jibes with the belief that for Gremlin Bells, to be effective, must be given, not purchased.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

WINGMOB wrote:
Love haters, sorry this bothers you.
I'm not a hater. I'm a laugher. I find discussion of that sort of thing very entertaining.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Mine is attached to the side stand bracket. I hope it is still there!

Dubs

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

Mines hangin on rear of luggage rack. There when I bought bike and stayin there.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Just recevied one the other day from a member here. One of these days I hope to run across him in person and do a little rideing. As for now it's setting on the table.

Thank You Bobalou for the bell.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

mine fell off 2 weeks ago somewhere on I-35. first it wes on my Suzuki gs1000 with what i hit 2 deer with a month apart but stayed up, that bike is now in Ga. then it went onto my 78 Kawasaki voyager xii--the bevell gear box went out on a ride in Ark. had it on my 82 gl1100, now on my 1500 till 2 weeks ago. I am a believer in the BELL:action:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

Have one from my best riding buddy and one that is about 20 years and 6 bikes old given by my wife. Got 'em hangin' off the helmet locks.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Dont have one:(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.