Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

What was he doing just a moment ago?

• Saving a bunch of money by switching his insurance?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texting

• talking to another rider

• Why, yes he was practicing wheelies at highway speed but in a totally safe manner. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Classic example of why I don't ride with groups. Seems like there is at least one in every group that thinks nothing about endangering the life of the rest of the group. Seems that there were some good riders to avoid a major crash.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
imported post

The dumbass is lucky he didn't get run over for his troubles. Hope he enjoys the road rash. Maybe He'll smarten up after he heals. If not, a putty knife and sponge should be enough to pick him up next time. :claps:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

What a moron

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Not avery smart move for sure. The video caption however said he somehow managed to not get any road rash though. Not sure how that worked but his hide was very fortunate. His bike however didn't fare so well. :sadguy:

John

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

This was the take over Saint Louis ride set up by the local club Lots of zooom splats doing stupid stuff all on camera running red lights while on camera then posting it on utube for the local leos to watch

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

I was waiting for him to slide into a guardrail post and achieve his life long goal of singing soprano........I remain disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Pretty easy to answer the poll when the answer is in the link. :)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Actually, I'm moderately offended. I think by calling people like those zoom-splats you're patinting an awfully broad brush on those of us that responsibly ride sport bikes.

Instead of mocking the sport bike, how about mocking the rider? I believe that term is "squid".

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Guess you'll have to remain somewhat offended. Zoomsplat is a term that's been used on this forum for quite a while indicating a sportbike being ridden by an idiot. If the term doesn't fit you, it isn't referring to you. If it does, it does. No one is guaranteed freedom from offense.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Guess you'll have to remain somewhat offended. Zoomsplat is a term that's been used on this forum for quite a while indicating a sportbike being ridden by an idiot. If the term doesn't fit you, it isn't referring to you. If it does, it does. No one is guaranteed freedom from offense.
I'm aware it's been used around here for a long time. I took modest offense to Zoomsplat the first time I heard it. Been a member here for years, first time I'm voicing my distaste.

Doesnt' mean you need pay any attention to me.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

Multiple choice question:
A. More people are doing stupid things these days
B. People are doing stupider things these days
C. More stupid stuff is getting captured on cameras
D. All of the above

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I vote C, but I have a fraction of B in my vote too.

I believe the camera-everywhere syndrome captures just how stupid some of us on this planet are.

I sure would not have wanted a camera on me at certain times in my life. So far, at least up to now, I've survived all my stupid moments.

That said, I also believe that we have a society of "good-enoughers" coming forward. Critical thinking, problem solving and common sense will be new divisional lines between a new set of classes that are yet to be defined.

Sorry - I'll step off the soapbox.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Another term that focuses on the rider only is, I believe,

SKIN CRAYON.

I am glad no one was hurt, but jeeZo, what dopey move.

·
Just one of the guys
4,804 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
...I believe that term is "squid".

I think in this case the term could be "SKID".

:smiler:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Looks like a failed attempt by mother nature to clean up the shallow end of the gene pool. I am sure the idiot will give her another chance.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

ebanjo wrote:
I would need to see a picture to believe the no road rash statement.
+1

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.