Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well there i was sitting with my wife and a buddy and his wife in Nelson at one of them little bars you can get lunch at sitting outside. I smelled something someone was smoking. Man after about 15 years of not smoking it i can say for sure it still smells GOOD and from what i gather they were doing it Legally!!!. That is one bustling little town:cool:. From a few things i seen today up northCanadaain't looking so bad at all. Not only for the pretty scenery but some of the freedoms they have. Now im also sure there are some down sides to life in Canada that a one day trip cant show ya but i have lived in the Pacific Northwest ALL my life and have never seen so many different backgrounds NOT looking down there noses at someone for how they dress or what they were doing. Im not a people watcher but i could not stop it today.I was fascinated with it all for some reason. I think i can understand why some people are moving to Canada from the U.S.A. I would not personally but i do think it will become my home away from home. And if you get the chance to go thereon a bike take the road from Creston up to theBalfour. Is was made for a motorcycle im sure:clapper:

Dont know what this is really about but sometimes ya got to tell someone.

Pat

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

PatinIdaho wrote:
I smelled something someone was smoking.... Im not a people watcher but i could not stop it today.I was fascinated with it all for some reason. ....

Pat
How close were you to that smoke.;)

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Taking into account All the pros and cons of both countries I wouldn't trade the good ole' USA for anything!

when I got off the plane from "Nam"
I got on my knees and kissed the ground andevery one cheered!

Been to "Canada" several times, use to work with and hang out with the "Chicago Black Hawks" and learned to understand why they were so proud of their hometowns in Canada,each one claiming theirs was better than the next guys!

Beautiful ,you bet!!!! (and cold)

Bottom line, I thank God I was born in the U.S.A. !

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I wish I was back in Venezuela....Someday, I pray.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Point the bike south!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Point the bike south!:baffled:
I have many times....Then reality creeps in and I turn it back north and ride back to where we are and cry.

Mi Pais

As far past as memory serves,
as the world burrowed in strife.
The chamo danced and sang,
forever laughing at his life.

So rugged and challenging,
love her I did at first sight.
Mountains and beaches,
she humbled me with her might.

I felt challenged and complete,
knew that finally here I could stay.
Married a beauty, within and without,
settled to live in a fishing village hidden away.

No hustle and bustle,
no worries nor cares.
Humble and simple,
no need for airs.

Time passed us by thankfully,
We settled in and grew to know.
Our village and people.
many the friend, scarce the foe.

Rising early and taking a pooch,
I would visit the plaza each morn.
Smiles would greet us wherever we went,
a wave passing or touch of a horn.

We shut off the world in our bliss,
Caracas seemed so far away.
Politics and government,
disturbed not our dance nor our play,

In the arms of my jewel,
each night I would rest.
Satisfied that I at long last,
had all I sought, surely blessed.

Then

Tropical sea breezes, tangy with salt,
whispering through the swaying palm.
A shot rings out in the clear night,
a childs scream shatters the calm.

Her father has died,
sudden and swift,
Just for being on the wrong side,
of the political rift.

I came here for peace,
my fighting was done.
All I sought was a palm tree,
under a tropical sun.

A tropical paradise,
to pass my remaining days.
My wife to love,
and my dogs to raise.

Oh Little Venice,
I love you dear.
For so long I thanked God,
Because I am here.

But now my love
you lie bleeding and torn.
Led by a madman,
earning the world's scorn.

And my heart rends,
As I struggle to decide.
Is it ours to run,
or is it ours to bide?

I ran

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Man Brojees believe it or not i DO understand. I think back to a differentlife sometimes also and wish i had done things different, But thats long passed and now just memories thatI cant change

Well Ran429 i was NOT sitting that close!!:cheeky1:

Pat

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

DAMN you are NOT suppose to let out things like that (see Craigs list for the ongoing Canada vs US debate) Latestwas that Canadians do not have to plaster their flag on everything to know who they are. (Quote from list NOT ME)

any ho We would have to hire way more border guards to stop the stampede if the word really got out

Neil

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Good points and bad points any where you go, EH?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Yea , SD is nice, great weather but i had to leave there, got way too expensive to live there!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

I did not think the mission area was too bad La Joilla is a different story You should see real eastate prices here They are trying to sell a 2 bdrs condo downtown 680 sq ft(don't ask me how they can get 2 bdrms into that but $320k

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

To bad it's such a PITA to just move to Canada. Man i could escape ALL the invading Californians :cheeky1:.hehe

Pat

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

If you read "yahoo" news today evidently the "Terrorist Groups " have no trouble moving there, what's up with that ?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

So you're one of the lets stir up the rumors and see what happens kinda guy.There is NO mention of terrorists in Canada on yahoo today (I looked)We do not want any more terrorists than you guys and if I can remind you it was your border guards (not ours) who let them intoYOUR country.

Neil
PS to the rest of you I apologize for the rant These half informed guys just piss me off We hear it all the time up hereEnough of this' back to what it is all about\

"RIDING OUR WINGS"

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
So you're one of the lets stir up the rumors and see what happens kinda guy.There is NO mention of terrorists in Canada on yahoo today (I looked)We do not want any more terrorists than you guys and if I can remind you it was your border guards (not ours) who let them intoYOUR country.

Neil
PS to the rest of you I apologize for the rant These half informed guys just piss me off We hear it all the time up hereEnough of this' back to what it is all about

"RIDING OUR WINGS"
Amen...

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Don't assume so fast! I just remarked on what I read on Yahoo from my home page in the news box on the right habd side that list 5 or 6 news clips per day !

I take offense to you sayng I stir up rumoures when i simply inquired about something i read !!!

Plus they had it on TV about a month ago!

Don't shoot the messenger and don't take it personal, i'm sure you're a good guy!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Just so you know I told the truth, i typed in "Canada terrorist groups" into "Yahoo search" and pulled up several articles and the first one is dated July 4 05 title..( 50 terror groups believed to be in Canada), I'm done with this thread, case closed on my part!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.