Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

No plans yet other than I will go at some time pretty soon

I have not been to Texas for years! My kid is living around Gulfport MS. now and Mom will be staying the winter in Long Boat Key, FL.

I plan to ride at least from home in MO to Gulfport, MS and then to Florida at the minimum.

I may ride to Texas first, Galveston or Corpus and start from there?

Anyone up for a ride before long? All the way or part way?
I'll probably camp mostly to save money and I don't like hotels anyway.

When I get to Gulfport I'll probably spend a full day there with the kid. Maybe 2-3 days at moms in FL. then ride back to MO maybe stopping a day again in Gulfport, MS.

Anyone want to get out and ride the full gulf coast, or a 100-200 miles or so, or just visit for coffee somewhere on the way?

I don't have any real plans yet, I seldom do, I just jump on bike at last minute and ride somewhere. I figure maybe I'll plan this trip and hopefully have a few folks join in and ride with me.
So at his time everything is optional and open for ideas.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Chromo,

See my posting.... Epic Christmas Holiday Ride

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

When you firm up your plans keep us posted . I am just hop off of I-75 if you take that route to Longboat .

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Once I get to Florida I'll probably also get out and ride while there. I expect to stay a few days or a week maybe.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

Chromo, I am in Corpus. Let me know your plans and when. We can meet up and I'll ride with you for a ways.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Hi Chromo,

Let me know your timing, as we get pretty busy as the family Snow Birds come to call.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

OK, I'm trying to decide if I want to leave after Nov 24th sometime and be back before/on Dec 10th, or Wait till after Dec 10th and be back before Dec 23rd.

That's the confusing part right now, I have a few things around 9th-12th I wanted to do here. Can't leave before Thanksgiving and have to be home by Christmas.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well, I made the wrong choice LOL
I decided to make the trip after the 10th, found out wife had extra vacations days, so trip is postponed till early next year sometime.

Lesson learned, get out and ride while you can LOL
I could have made the trip before the 10th ok, but I choice the wrong time.

Oh well, more time to spend with the wife doing things together and that's good.
Just not riding, she still doesn't ride yet.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

ITs all good brother . IF the wife is happy , you'll stay happy in the long run . When you find the time in the future let us know again .Thanks for the heads up now .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.