Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum and I've got a problem. I've got an black GL1200I from 1984. After a leaking head gasket,replacing it and makinga test ride yesterday. Itrunned perfect and I took it for a ride. It drove perfect andsuddenly it runned irregular and it stalled, after restarting it runned even worse, and stalled. Then starting, starting, starting, BANG :gunner2:

The pin in the ignition axle at the BACK (it's a '84), which wasbroken and caused the same problem in the past, is intact. We know because we'veremoved the complete engine.

We have good sparks but it looks that the ignition timing is still wrong.

What can it be??

We have now full reach to the engine.

w.k.r. Chris :12black:

p.s. sorry for the sometimes bad English

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I am new to here also, and know next to nothing about Wings, but I do know about engines a little. That sounds a lot like a slipped timing belt or a stuck valve.

I am sure you will get much better answers but I have my suspicions.

Hawker22

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hi Chris, if it ran fine for a while and suddenly stopped I would want to check the belt timing urgently before checking anything else. :waving:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Fuel is OK

Teared the engine fromthe bike. The axle of thepulse generatorwas wobbly so i've ordered a new axle with seal and bearing. Then we've ruled out the pulse genand then we can build the block into the frame. See if it does the right thing, else we'll search on.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Engine is back under the motorcycle, axle can't be ordered anymore. We did order a new bearing and seal and installed the axle and set the clearance for the pulse sensors.

Installed minimum, engine 4 bolts hanging, carbs, no radiator, no drive shaft and no exhausts (on sunday :goofygrin:). And it fired up within one full go-a-round of the engine.

So we've build it up further and i'll drove my baby 6AM for a test, flawless perfect. :clapper:

So topic can be closed :waving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.