Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Say, how does one get to be a Guru anyway? Is there a test or something? Iwas just wondering about the different classifications of our members. Member,active member, veryactive etc. This really is a great group of people who contribute and run this site. So thanks to all. And as far as I can tell those who put themselves out there as Gurus really are worthy of the title. I've learned quite a bit in my short timehere. Just wondering who pins the monicker on the person?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

....the moderator , or the board "host" /forums/images/emoticons/cool.gifis the Guru Maker...it is based on nominations from the rest of the board .. as to  their helpfulness... so .. in a sense.. we are ALL "Guru" makers... the members activity (number of posts ) automatically decides on the "active Member" status.../forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

gkiesel wrote:
Say, how does one get to be a Guru anyway? Is there a test or something? Iwas just wondering about the different classifications of our members. Member,active member, veryactive etc. This really is a great group of people who contribute and run this site. So thanks to all. And as far as I can tell those who put themselves out there as Gurus really are worthy of the title. I've learned quite a bit in my short timehere. Just wondering who pins the monicker on the person?
This is a question for .....

REDWING!!!
Go ahead, oh grumpy one, tell him how to be a GURU!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

gkiesel wrote:
It's mostly just in fun. In my case it required a manila envelope, addressed to a secret address in Ireland. Sucking up, begging, boasting and in my case BSing have been usedwith various effect. There are some who've done it with knowledge, but that may be cheating.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

gekiesel, you are gonna regret asking that question!!! If you are any the wiser after all the answers come in, you'll be a better man than me!!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
gekiesel, you are gonna regret asking that question!!! If you are any the wiser after all the answers come in, you'll be a better man than me!!!:goofygrin:

Pete
gekiesel, I'm glad you didn't ask about the Active Members, especially those with Very Active Members. It's just too embarrassing. Some of these guys just have no shame!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

To become a guru ,you must know your stuff about bulls##t ,:action::action:,You must make your way to Dublin for an intense interview and carry a very large brown envelope,,:walker:all currencys are accepted ,,:banana:,You must be super nice to REDWING for at least the first day :doh:...and last but not least you must buy a drink for all the members on the forum :toast:.Oh I forgot ,,a little knowledge about goldwings would help..:baffled:

I hope that clarifys that ....ciaran.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
To become a guru ,you must know your stuff about bulls##t ,:action::action:,You must make your way to Dublin for an intense interview and carry a very large brown envelope,,:walker:all currencys are accepted ,,:banana:,You must be super nice to REDWING for at least the first day :doh:...and last but not least you must buy a drink for all the members on the forum :toast:.Oh I forgot ,,a little knowledge about goldwings would help..:baffled:

I hope that clarifys that ....ciaran.

Hi Wexman

My cheque was returned to sender.

I don't know enough about bull s**t yet, but I will have another try after Xmas when he is hard up for cash.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

gkiesel wrote:
Say, how does one get to be a Guru anyway? Is there a test or something? Iwas just wondering about the different classifications of our members. Member,active member, veryactive etc. This really is a great group of people who contribute and run this site. So thanks to all. And as far as I can tell those who put themselves out there as Gurus really are worthy of the title. Just wondering who pins the monicker on the person?
Hey gkiesel :waving:To answer your question as briefly as i can, :stumped:here goes. :leprechaun:

I have been a member of this forum since day one, :clapper:I have helped members to find their way around this place, :walker:I have welcomed members from far away places, :hallo:I have advised members to fit the correct tyres (BRIDGESTONES) on their wings, :jumper:I have explained the workings of The Kill Switch :behead: to the members, :dance:I cant remember half the information that i have parted to the members. :doh: After all that work i attended three interviews in Dublin to try and get promoted to "Guru" :banana:but no such luck.

Here i am after completing a full year helping the members on this forum as the official "Forum Welcomer" :clapper: Now if you can make any sense out of this.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
Hi Wexman

My cheque was returned to sender.

I don't know enough about bull s**t yet, but I will have another try after Xmas when he is hard up for cash.
You don't deserve the great honor for two reasons:

1. Your check bounced.

2. You are holding out on the location of the Isle of Woman from your brothers onthis, the Greatest Goldwing Site on the Internet.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yes REDWING you forgot to mention about your cheque bouncing ,,,All Steve will accept from you now is hard cash ,,

But I will let you in on a secret ...in the last interview you passed the bulls##t section with flying colours ,,Now all you need is a bit of knowledge about the wing (not the honda 50) and you could be on your way ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I doubt it ...:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:Ciaran

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Yes REDWING you forgot to mention about your cheque bouncing ,,,All Steve will accept from you now is hard cash ,,

But I will let you in on a secret ...in the last interview you passed the bulls##t section with flying colours ,,Now all you need is a bit of knowledge about the wing (not the honda 50) and you could be on your way ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I doubt it ...:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:Ciaran
Not a wonder REDWING passed the bulls**t section with "flying colours", he did that, stating that red is the fastest colour!!:goofygrin:

Manxblackcat, aren't you always gonna be a bit short on bulls**t on that Island of yours? I don't recal it being exactly famous for it's beef export!!:goofygrin:

Redwing deserves the honour of senior welcomer, he is always on the "cutting edge":goofygrin:

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Redwing deserves the honour of senior welcomer, he is always on the "cutting edge":goofygrin:
Hurragh:clapper: more promotion on the way. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Yes REDWING, All Steve will accept from you now is hard cash ,,
Hey wexman :stumped:Who the hell is this Steve guy? :stumped: I have seen this name mentioned in a few other posts, and i thought he was a new member. :baffled:I then PM'd the wingnut to check if he knew him, :doh:but he couldn't throw any light on it for me, so im still in the dark about this guy. :headbanger:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
wexman wrote:
Yes REDWING, All Steve will accept from you now is hard cash ,,
Hey wexman :stumped:Who the hell is this Steve guy? :stumped: I have seen this name mentioned in a few other posts, and i thought he was a new member. :baffled:I then PM'd the wingnut to check if he knew him, :doh:but he couldn't throw any light on it for me, so im still in the dark about this guy. :headbanger:
Some things are unknowable!:stumped:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
, :doh:but he couldn't throw any light on it for me, so im still in the dark about this guy. :headbanger:

So its true...Your not the brightest bulb in the box:cool: Is there enuff light to read by:shock::goofygrin::goofygrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.