Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

sorry to bother you guys but i have a question about welds on the gw frames i have a gw 05 that has been converted to a trike.

now the concern that i have is two fold

1. has any 05 gw had problems with the frame

2. if so would being converted to a trike put extra stress on the weak points

i have read as much as i can find on the recalls but nothing about gw converted to trikes being recalled.Am i worrying over nothing or do you think that i have justifiable concerns:18blue:what no trikes:baffled:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Well old horse, so far there have been no recalls for frames on the 05s only time will tell. But I do believe that mother Honda is not covering any years if they have been converted to trikes or have had a sidecar attached. Again that is as far as I understand, and I am sure if I am wrong someone here will point it out. :grinner::grinner::grinner::grinner:And Iread on an other form (Yes my children, there are other forms, none as good as thisone naturally) that they were getting a little fussy about bikes that pull trailers. Pretty much any excuse not to cover them.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

old horse wrote:
sorry to bother you guys but i have a question about welds on the gw frames i have a gw 05 that has been converted to a trike.

1. has any 05 gw had problems with the frame

2. if so would being converted to a trike put extra stress on the weak points

i have read as much as i can find on the recalls but nothing about gw converted to trikes being recalled.
Hey old horse :waving:I dont think any of the '05 were recalled for the frame check. :clapper:The only thing that i can tell you is that any :18blue:that has been converted to a trike will not be recalled or dealt with by Honda. :crying:The reason for this is that the :18blue:has been altered from it's spec. I could be wrong so maybe one of our "Gurus" could confirm this as true or false. :shakehead:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

05-no on the recall

i would think your Honda warranty should be void on the frame because it has been modified. It is like a limo, the reason you see fewer GMs than Fords is onGM once the frame is cut, the warranty is void. Guess what- that Utopia backrest I added voided all seat warranties. I do hope you bought from a large Trike company.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger has beaten me to it. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

goldwingsilver2005 wrote:
05-no on the recall

i would think your Honda warranty should be void on the frame because it has been modified. It is like a limo, the reason you see fewer GMs than Fords is onGM once the frame is cut, the warranty is void. Guess what- that Utopia backrest I added voided all seat warranties. I do hope you bought from a large Trike company.

Honda clearly stated in all the frame recalls that they will not weld trikes. Triking a Wing voids the warranty, period.
The good thing is that the 05's are not being recalled anyway.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Goldwinger has beaten me to it. :clapper:

So what your saying Redwing, is My Green 1500 is faster then your neighbor's red1800?????:leprechaun::leprechaun::leprechaun::leprechaun:and just faster then your 50??

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
So what your saying Redwing, is My Green 1500 is faster then your neighbor's red1800?????:leprechaun:
No ! No ! No ! you got your mesg posted quicker than me. :clapper:Hey im an old guy of 80yrs my fingers are much slower than yours. :stumped:

Hey when are you changing your name to Greenwinger.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks for the info guys,less to worry about now all there is to worry about is will it get scratched if i leave it there, will somone try and steal it ect ect .......oh the worrys of owning a gw ..........think i will keep it in the garage wraped in bubble wrap and only take it out when the sun is out, but not to bright as it will fade the paintwork..............na sod it ride the thing thats what its for :grinner::grinner::grinner:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.