Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I noticed that when i start the engine of my 1500 there a sort of water mixed black coming out of my mufflers and more from the left side...

Is this normal of does it mean the carb is way to rich? When the engine warms up no more watery spitting... But i remember that once i smelled the compensator chamber and rally i could smell the gasoline!? Never had something like that in other bikes, again indication that is to much rich?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

I would think normal.
Burning H and O produces H[sup]2[/sup]O and until the exhaust system warms it will drip or fog out of the exhaust especially at this time of year.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

check your plugs they will give you a better idea if you are running to rich
or not

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

djcmk wrote:
check your plugs they will give you a better idea if you are running to rich
or not
almost all are the same and right...maybe bit rich but 2 cyl are way more wet then others.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Go do some day long rides and dry the exhaust system out and then check it the next time it starts after an overnight stop.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

Is your coolant level in your reservoir dropping? Hopefully you don't have a head gasket leak. My GL1100 did this - blew a little water out of the LH exhaust on startup, but surprisingly ran fine after it warmed up.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Daryl Martel wrote:
Is your coolant level in your reservoir dropping? Hopefully you don't have a head gasket leak. My GL1100 did this - blew a little water out of the LH exhaust on startup, but surprisingly ran fine after it warmed up.
Naaaa thanks god is not in such bad condition :)

I belive is condence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.