Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would appreciate suggestions about installing Kurytop chrome valve cover on 2001 gw. There is not enough room for the front of the cover to fit past the crash bar. Is the only way to remove the crash bar? Sure hope not.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You don't have to remove the engine bars. The covers are a bit fiddly to get into position, and you have to take care not to scratch the cylinder heads.

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

If youdon't have enough room, it's possible that the crash bar is bent a little bit.. As I recall, that aren't that big a deal to get off.. not like, say, the aircleaner..

<edit> By the way.. Welcome to the board!

=Dave=

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for your replies. The clearances are not the same on the right and left sides. I think theright side was not installed properly, otherwise the cover would install as easily on the right side as on the left side. I guess I'll have to remove the crash bar.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
imported post

really the crash bar is held on with three bolts,but you have to remove some covers to get to them,front lower cowl,exhaust covers i think.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome moredetritus[/align]
[align=center]

[/align]

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. The crash bars are fairly easy to remove, but getting to that point is harder than actually removing them. The front cowling might be all that you need to remove, but I could be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I finally decided to use a little TLC with a rubber mallet. Suprisingly it worked and left no scratches. Thanks for your time in addressing my problem. The crash bar may have been bent but I don't know how it would have happened since I've bought the gw new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.