Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have GW 2004, have problem with knocking sensor, see at F1 lamp blinking code 25, I already change the sensor from right to left, still the same. the bike can't stationary. Maybe somebody can help me to solve the problem ?

Thank you

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
If the code did not change from a 25 to a 26 when you changed them from right to left then there is a wiring problem to the right sensor.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
The sensor could still be bad. You need to reset the ECU after swapping sensors, by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already check the wire harness form ECU to the sensor, it's ok, no loose contact, i also try to disconnect the battery about ten minutes, but it's the same problem.

I browsing at the forum, that someone have same problem, he change the ECU , and the problem solve, but i wonder because the problem not always come.

I have a repair manual for GW 2004, I read about how to rest the ECU, I find the connector but the connector have 4 wire, i see at the book must 3 wire, maybe someone can help me ?

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
The 04 SCC is a 4 pin (red) but you still short the green and black wires to reset.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I don't think you need to reset anything. If you do something that fixes the problem, the fault will stay in the diagnostic memory, but the FI light should stop blinking. A failed ECU is a long shot, I agree it sounds more like a wiring issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can somebody help me to make sure what years my GW ? my vin number :

ENGINE NUMBER SC 47E 2300383
CHASIS NUMBER 1 HF SC 47424A300015

And where I can buy a parts for GW ?

Thanks everyone for your answer, that's help me alot.

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
It is a 2004 GL1800A.
If there is no dealer near you you can find parts online from many sources.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Always try the easiest solution first which is resetting the ECM. Disconnect the battery terminal and then reconnect it. Start the bike being careful not to use the throttle or rev the engine. Let it tick over until warmed up when the fan comes on and that should be your ECM reset. If the problem has gone and the F1 light has stopped blinking, your sorted but if not it's back to the drawing board. :)

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
Always try the easiest solution first which is resetting the ECM. Disconnect the battery terminal and then reconnect it. Start the bike being careful not to use the throttle or rev the engine. Let it tick over until warmed up when the fan comes on and that should be your ECM reset. If the problem has gone and the F1 light has stopped blinking, your sorted but if not it's back to the drawing board. :)

That is to reset the idle , AKA idle learn procedure. It will do nothing to solve an existing problem. As Dizzy stated, if the problem is fixed the F1 light will go off.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Exactly...and shorting the wires in the diagnostic connector is for reading or erasing the diagnostic memory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.