Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Last year I saw where someone had water pump gasket sets for sale. Gaskets

and all the "O" rings for a water pump replacement. Computer crashed and I lost it. Does anyone on this forum know the dealer for them?? I have tried to order them locally and I DO NOT get the correct "O" rings.

Thanks,

B. J. Baum

Decatur, IL

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

over the years I have tried after-market stuff and ended up, well less than satisfied and replacing it again with OEM stuff. you can order OEM parts for 1200 and later bikes through www.bikebandit.com and even earlier wings through www.powersportspro.com bikebandit has the best shipping rates

which wing do you have?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum B. J. Baum! :waving:

The water pump gasket kit for my GL1100 was only about $17.00 at the dealer.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks fot the help. The day I read your answer I contacted my dealer and requested the kit. The had NEVER heard of it. It came in yesterday and was a little over $17 with tax. I readlly appreciate this forum.

B. J. Baum

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I think most dealers would rather sell the whole water pump with all the seals than just the seal kit. They make more money that way!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well, when I bought the water pump (the service manager said i needed) It was

$140 and came with NO gaskets or seals. When I still had the oil leak I asked the

Service Manager why and he didn't have a clue. I came home and took the old pump apart and saw that the pump contained NO sealed bearings. All I needed was the oil seal that was in the cases.

Live and learn.

Thanks again,

BJB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.