Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Certainly there are GWOCI members here. Call me daft, but as my wife and I are both Irish citizens and we do have our Wing, we are interested in joining the GWOCI.

Quite honestly, after we left everything in Venezuela we were heading to Ireland, but we found work on the way, here in the states and now we may never make it as the work we found simply does not pay that well, monthly we seem to be further negative even though we are surviving. Something of stuck.

While I would love to work in Ireland in my profession, industrial control, this field in Ireland is a closed market, pharmaceuticals, and my experience is all petroleum, chemicals, paper and power. So even if we could make it there now, we will be stuck in lower paying jobs bi lingual or that sort.

None the less, we would like to join the GWOCI and a certain problem of not having an account in euros comes up. I would be willing to send an instrument in dollars to someone here along with our application to be converted to euros there and all be submitted for membership.

LOLOL!! my Mum always wanted to go back and never quite made it, looks like I will be the same and here we thought we would. Well that is life, like it or not.

I do want to say something though to all the Irish here. Before we left Venezuela, the Irish passport in my wife's bag was considerable comfort. Even though she is Venezuelan by birth, that wee harp was wonderful. As it gets even worse there now, we always knew that she could escape and having done so would be able to travel even though her Venezuelan passport would certainly be cancelled. I know I will get this wrong, but allow me to try, very sincerely

Go raibh math agat!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Oh I have, received the form and everything. Just trying to figure out haow to pay the fee which is of course in euros.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Do they take credit card payments? If not, you could just send an international money order, made out in Euros.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

International Money Order? Never heard of it, thank you. I will investigate.

Also, I was a wee bit tipsy the other night as I was writing that, hope I didn't offend anyone.

Wonder, can I ask what the general feeling is to diaspora such as myself? Or post nuptial Irish like my wife? I can say we have no intention of simply using our citizenship to go on the dole, but it does make traveling safer for her and actually myself as well. I know that being raised "Irish" in a foreign land never will compare to being raised in Ireland, (Although my Mum's soda bread is better than anyones, anywhere!!), but are we Irish or are we simply a strange twist of politics?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Brojee ,as well as moderator here ,I am also the leinster rep for the GWOCI if you send me the form I will get it looked after for you ,,Send it to me via email and I will get it organised ,,dont worry about the fee ,I will pay it for you and some day when you come here you can pay me back .....cheers Ciaran :waving:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Brojees

By trade I am also in industrial control (Industrial Electrician/Instrumentation Tech) Inow work in Pneumatic Control and Automation. If you wanted to immigrate to New Zealand there is a definate shortage of good people in our field here. The money is crap but the life style is terrific.

Andrew

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
I was a wee bit tipsy the other night as I was writing that
but are we Irish or are we simply a strange twist of politics?
Hey Brojees, :waving: If you were born in good old Ireland, you are an Irish Citizen. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Andrew sent you a PM. I would be interested as what I am currently doing is time limited.

Thank you Redwing. But I was not born in Ireland and my passport still has a harp on it and the nationality says Eireannach. I am an Irish citizen as is my wife. I am asking about being accepted as Irish not having grown up in Ireland. LOLOL My accent is not yank, but it is not Irish either! Sometimes I wonder just what I am.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Thank you Redwing. But I was not born in Ireland my passport still has a harp on it and the nationality says Eireannach. I am an Irish citizen as is my wife. I am asking about being accepted as Irish not having grown up in Ireland. Sometimes I wonder just what I am.
Hey Brojees, :waving:If your passport has on it what you state, "You are Irish" :clapper:It doesn't matter ifyou grew up at the North Pole helping :santawaving:to make toys. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Go raibh math agat!

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Just want to pick up on the earlier thread of joining the GWOCI. I'm finally quitting the UK after eight years and heading back to Ireland:leprechaun:, Cork as it happens, the Green Wing is already at my brothers place and waiting for a good winter service before the season starts.

I would really like to join the GWOCI,and have emailed the appropriaterep, but have yet to receive a reply. Maybe someone on this forum knows where theMunster region meets, asI would prefer to turn up a meetingand simply tender my application to the appropriate person, any help would be appreciated;)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

GreenWing wrote:
Maybe someone on this forum knows where theMunster region meets, asI would prefer to turn up a meetingand simply tender my application to the appropriate person, any help would be appreciated;)

Any where Guinness sold :clapper::clapper::waving::waving:Top of the morning to yer.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi you can download the form from http://www.goldwingireland.com and the name and address of the membership secretary is on the form and you can send it direct to him ,,It will take a around 2 months to process,,On the site under contacts you will also find the name and email add and phone number of the munster rep ,,his name is Liam Brown and as far as I know they meet the first tue of every month ,,,hope this is of some help to you and welcome home ..:waving:.cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Thanks Ciaran, I'll give Liam a bell next week and with any luck, should be able to attend the next meeting:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.