Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok gang, I'm looking for opinions on this one. Is the GWRRA a good group to belong to? It seems like they have some great discounts, especially the towing package, but thought I'd ask you experts first.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I am a member, and the answer to your question is totally dependant on the people in your chapter. Some chapters are not my cup o' tea, and others are a blast to be a member of. I feel the magazine could be better,but you'll enjoy it most of the time.The insurance,and GoldBook program alone are worth the price if you ride long distances from home.Like I said, I don't like everything about all chapters,but mine is a good one.You can go to meets and rides with them before you commit, or at least you're supposed to be welcome to.Give it a shot, and decide for yourself. Good luck and happy trails! jimsjinx

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Check your local chapter(s). Ask them. Ride with them.

I went to several meetings & a few rides before joining, no one cares.

Have fun. AARP is better roadside ins, tho.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I have enjoyed my membership. As stated above, it is dependent on the chapter you choose to ride with. Ride with them, go to a few meetings and decide. I'm glad I joined.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
imported post

i am going to a gwrra meeting saturday

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

I think there is another thread running about the GWRRA and the benfits of membership. It was running just the other day so it may be a page or 2 back.

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

I don't do any memberships that I have to pay. I also found that any club that has governing board usually sucks because of power struggles and egos. IMHO

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Here's one of the most recent threads on this subject. As with most things, the people against it tend to shout pretty loud. ;) It's not for everyone, but currently more than 80,000 people have found it worthwhile enough to sign up. :)
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/61214-1.html

John

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
imported post

can you be a member at large without belonging to a chapter if there not one local to your home?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Yes, you don't join a chapter anyway, at least not formally. You join the GWRRAorganization and participate or don't participate as you wish.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.