It's a trike not a motorcycle
3 wheel's
Wilf

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

2 wheels on the ground, a flywheel that is hidden for stability.

Interesting in the graphic they showed what happens in a collision (assuming the flywheel is not damaged).

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

Gonna trade in that 1800 on one Henry?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

what i never noticed any landing gear.
wilf

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It is interesting, much better battery range, if they actually get it, than the Brammo electric motorcycle. It looks like it might be aquite way from actually having a finished prototype that operates so I'd take any performance prognostications with a grain of salt. I wonder where they stow the bike stand. Surely they don't leave the gyro running while the bike is parked. Probably have to use a center stand since the gyro would resist the bike leaning onto a side stand. Targeted price, again if they actually can do it, looks a lot better than other electric vehicles I've seen. Less by far than a new Goldwing though this electric bike isn't in the same league as a GW. More of a short distance commuter.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

For once, someone came up with a practical machine. Two normal looking wheels, decent range and safety. The price is a tad high but if the idea flys and Honda etc. follow suit, it could be mass-produced cheaply.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I like the idea. They got it right, if it really works as claimed. Can't wait for video of the bike in real world use.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

I think it's a great idea for a city runabout. I'd love to see it being tested on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I guessthis would bebanned from the "Slow Ride" competition at future NASSIR's.

NOT that I'm currently using one :cool:. . . as some (jokingly) claim.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

FM wrote:
I guessthis would bebanned from the "Slow Ride" competition at future NASSIR's.
OOOHHHH I hadn't thought of that!! Good point.

Could you imagine the looks when you went to the DMV to to take your test and you never put your feet down when you come to a stop!!

Henry

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Now if they just got rid of the steering wheel!! If the range is even close to what they say, it could be a real great commuter vehicle. Proposed price is not too bad either.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

I think it is amazing! Someone needs to invent a gyro balance that can be installed on most any bike! Now THAT would be really cool.
But why stop there? How about one that could be wore by a person to keep them from tipping over when drunk...oh the possibilities!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

corventure wrote:
Now if they just got rid of the steering wheel!! If the range is even close to what they say, it could be a real great commuter vehicle. Proposed price is not too bad either.
Not shure what you would replace the steering wheel with. I could not be coumter steered so handle bars would be of no value?

Wilf

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
imported post

i wonder how it would handle a deer hit ??? ive hit two already with my wing this year

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

CBH wrote:
I think it is amazing! Someone needs to invent a gyro balance that can be installed on most any bike! Now THAT would be really cool.
But why stop there? How about one that could be wore by a person to keep them from tipping over when drunk...oh the possibilities!! :cheers:
Sounds good but you'd have to put knee braces on them to prevent buckling. Some sots get pretty flexible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.