Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a way to upgrade the Typ III to add Headsets? :action: Or would I need to find a complete system from another bike to replace?

This is on my 91 Interstate

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Which one do you have, the RM-1100 or the RM-1200 radio?

Both of these radios have intercom built-in and headset ability, that is if you can locate the headset plugs on the bike. J&M sells 5-pin headsets that plug right into Honda radio systems.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Neither. It's an odd-ball, that only the 91 used. I imagine a local electronics guru, maybe a ham operator type, could do that. Yrs ago, I used to see a switching jack, that hooked to speaker circuits, adding a couple wire-wound load resistors, and an output to headphones. Haven't seen one of those in a long time.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Neither. It's an odd-ball, that only the 91 used. I imagine a local electronics guru, maybe a ham operator type, could do that. Yrs ago, I used to see a switching jack, that hooked to speaker circuits, adding a couple wire-wound load resistors, and an output to headphones. Haven't seen one of those in a long time.
Thanks for clarifying that, I didn't notice he said a Kenwood, not the usual Panasonic you see in the 1200's.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

UNY Pete,

Thanks for the info I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Cal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.