Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

One of my 2 headlamps in our 1500A burnt out on low beam this past weekend. I had a spare with us and replaced the bulb. There is no manufacturer mark anywhere and it only ID's "H4 100/55W" on the flange. There seem to be at least a hundred replacement options out there, but these bulbs burn brightly with a slight green tint. The bulb has a bronze outer coating on the glassthatlooks green as you examine it. I want to replace with the exact match to the other without buying 2 new bulbs, but can't find any HID or Xenon that has the same color coating. The super blues and super whites, whitesonics, etc, do not have the same outer coating. I have looked at the show bulbs and that's not what these are. Anyone out there have info that might help?.....Thanks in advance....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't know where you can find the bulb you're looking for but I'd recommend replacing both bulbs when one goes out, the other one is getting tired, will soon dieand may have less light output due to the inevitable blackening inside thebulb

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum :). I had 130/80s in my 1500 and they turned the bulb holders to toast in a few months. They literally crumbled to dust. Now I just use the 55/60 Phillips ones that throw out 30% extra light for no extra heat or power consumption.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

welcome,

I tried 100/50w High power bulbs in my 1200 only to have the glass turn yellow

I now use an H4 55/60w Xenon and the light that it throws is brighter than the 100w's ever were. Vision in rain and fog improved 100% with little glare.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Gayle :waving: Welcome to the best goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:What weewillywing and JOHNO has said :clapper: these are both great bulbs. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks....I appreciate you finding that for me......I've spent several hours researching halogen vs HID vs Xenon, etc....and the short answer is: What ever works for you.....There is no clear cut "winner"...I'm gonna try some clear Philips......

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

If it's just extra light you want, you can't go wrong with the Phillips. They do throw out much more light for the same power useage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.