Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What a nightmare these bixenon.
I plegged all but no light... The 3 way plug was plugged in to the lights and i pluGged the 4 way plug in to the old place and the bixenon mechanism works but no light! Then i switch to normal h4 bulbs and they work...

Dunno what to do anymore...

I have to ballasta and two different cambles

Anyonw have pictures of how to plug the 4 way plug and the 3 one?

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

I have not personally looked at the H4 bi-xenon set up but if the polarity is wrong going to the ballast they will not work.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I have not personally looked at the H4 bi-xenon set up but if the polarity is wrong going to the ballast they will not work.
As a matter of fact you are right but there is little i can do... Those are cables and the plugs are sattled in a way which either is like that or nothing ;-)

But witha separate transf. The lights works

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

most xenon kits are plug and play. if the bi-xenon you are refering two is the kind with halogen and xenon one for each beam,

the halogen is wired direcly to the h4 plug, if it is not lighting up (test high/low beam depending on what you got) also you can check for 12V at the connector GOING to the ballast (usually one plug) the other two wires coming from the ballast that come in separate plugs its high voltage dont mess with that.

check if the H4 connector is wired properly, one is ground, other low beam and the last is the high beam. ground is common. if ground is bad nothing will work.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

I have Bixenon installed on most of the fleet. I never had a problem installing them. When a bulb went bad on the 250 Rebel,(after 9K miles of intense vibration) send the bulb back after 1 year of the purchase, they send me back a new bulb at no cost.

The installation on the GL1200 was actually easier than the CMX250.

Do you have pictures of the 3 & 4 wire plug you are talking about? Mine was pretty much plug and play. The most time consuming part was removing mirrors, speakers etc. To get to the headlight. I placed the ballast under the left glovebox. Tight, but fits.

Gil

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

leave the white 4 pin plug as it was. The 3 pin black one plugs into the headlight connector like the stock bulb. With the kits I have it is possible to plug the connector to the ballast backward so the polarity is wrong and it will not work.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

the 3 pin takes care of the hi-low solenoid,normally there is just a connection to 12v power which provides power to the ballasts,but since i cant read spanish etc i am unable to see or read the particulars of the kit
but as dave said check the polarity of the conncetors to the ballast,they usually are marked + or minus,only problem is if they are incorrectly connected they usually ruin the ballasts,
hopefully thats not the case

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

ok you have the mechanical bixenon bulb, not the halogen/xenon i was talking about..

with this kits. the H4 plug that used to power the light now will only trigger and control the relays that will move the beam up and down. if you only connect this you will hear some clicking but bulb will not lite... from the relay box there dedicated connections to each ballast with terminals to go directly to the battery

on the kit i have i only used this connectios.

this is a shoot of the bixenon halogen/xenon bulb i used before and the right is the mechanical bixenon

this is the relay box (high/low beam controller) this has a lot of wires because its for two bulbs (cars)

on my kit, the ballast get power directly from the battery and are grounded to the frame next to the ballast.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

after reading your post again you say you connect the 3 way plug and the mechanism work, thats because you're not connecting the rest to the battery. bulbs/ballast dont get power from the 3 way switch. they need to be wired directly to the battery . they come with a long wire and fuse holder.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

William_86 wrote:
after reading your post again you say you connect the 3 way plug and the mechanism work, thats because you're not connecting the rest to the battery. bulbs/ballast dont get power from the 3 way switch. they need to be wired directly to the battery . they come with a long wire and fuse holder.
this make very sense!!! as a matter of fact i saw also other battery cable but only negative ones! in any case tomorrow i will look in to it again!

muchas gracias:waving:

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

pippomaranga wrote:
William_86 wrote:
this make very sense!!! as a matter of fact i saw also other battery cable but only negative ones! in any case tomorrow i will look in to it again!

muchas gracias:waving:

let me rerase it:

i connected all to the battery + and -....but only one cable the - was missinig and i cannot find a reason why a cable missing without a positive...can make the difference?

·
350 Posts
imported post

I don't know guys. from what I'm seeing this guy doesn't need that second wiring harness. like it was said before plug-n-play... (1) power....(1) GROUND AND THE REST PLUG IN WHERE THEY BELONG .YOU CAN'T MESSUP ATTACHING PLUGS ..THEY ONLY FIT ONE WAY....sorry for the caps.....DOC

here you go check out this link ...will answer all questions

http://www.vvme.com/docs/hid/hid-installation-guide.html#h1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.